chapter nineteen.

I've been on a roll with writing so here's a gift update x

Always | Luna

Luke approached me with Calum to his left. Michelle was absent today so I assumed we wouldn't really get much done. It was a good thing though, I didn't really want to do anything today. For some reason I just kept getting duller and duller, my motivation dropping lower than I thought it could get. By the look on Lukes face I could tell he knew I wasn't feeling 100%, but I'm pretty sure anyone could point that out. I probably looked worse than I felt, perks of waking up late.

"Hey Luna," Calum chirped once they were in close range.

"Hi," I mumbled back, my head tilting to the ground as I studied my shoes. I really didn't feel like socialising right now, or ever. I just want to climb into a cacoon and sleep for a very long time.

I watched as a hand reached for my own and I looked up at Luke whose thumb was gently brushing the back of my hand as he held it. He sent me a look that told me he was concerned and I bit my lip before darting my eyes back to the ground.

Calum spoke up again, "I'm going to go to the bathroom," and Luke nodded before dragging me to the back wall of the gymnasium. We both sat down on the lino floor and leaned against the wall, my hand still enclosed in his.

"What's wrong?" he whispered.

So many things, I wanted to say. I feel like my family no longer want me and it's tearing me apart. I want so badly to have a normal family who accepts me as who I am and lets me do what I want to do. I want to feel loved by my mother, and my father and I don't want them influencing the way my brothers feel about me. I want to rebel against everything they tell me to do, to prove to them that they should appreciate who I am now, but I can't bring myself to because although they're hurting me, I can't hurt them.

I turned my head towards him, exposing my tear stained cheeks and quivering lips. Harley and I concocted this extravagent plan on how to really agitate my family, and specifically my Mum. I so badly wanted my Mum to realise how much worse I could be, but looking into Lukes worry filled eyes I knew I couldn't drag him into something like that, let alone even bring myself to do so.

"Luna, talk to me," he said calmly and with his free had he reached for my face and brushed a loose strand of hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear, "don't be sad, I'm here."

"C-can I spend the entire weekend at yours?" I stuttered between sobs, trying to not have a breakdown in the middle of a class. It was bad enough that P.E. bought me enough grief when it came to my virginity, and getting hurt. The last thing I wanted was Alexis Taylor seeing me cry too, I didn't need any more of her negativity.

Luke nodded and wiped under my eyes with his thumb, "is something happening at home?"

I hiccuped and pressed my lips together, squeezing my face together to stop myself from crying. I wanted to know why all of a sudden I felt so vulnerable and emotional. Was it because I was with Luke and felt I could express this with him? Perhaps. I hiccuped again and Luke leaned against me, pressing our temples together and he quietly made shh-ing noises and continued making circular motions with his thumb on my hand.

"Hemmings, Ashwell."

Both our heads snapped upwards to see Miss Fern leaning over us with her hands on her hips. Her eyes glanced over my face and her own face softened from a stern glare to a look of concern. I was tired of people worrying, not that many people had, but I didn't like being questioned about my emotions.

"Where's Hood?" she asked.

"Bathroom," Luke quickly replied and Miss Fern nodded. I noticed her body relax and suddenly she was crouching in front of us.