chapter thirty three.

Moody | Luna

Dear New Journal,
I'm not going to lie, writing and poetry isn't my forte, however it is what your pages will be filled with. As the first entry I feel as if I should set some sort of standard, by writing something so amazing that I'm compelled to continue to write similar pieces, but in all honesty I just want to vent.

I've been living with my boyfriend, Luke for a little over a week and it's been pleasant for the most part. I find it unusual how a family can be so distant yet so close at the same time. There has never been a day where all family members have been in the same room at the same time for longer than 5 minutes yet there is so much unconditional love in this household. Luke's eldest brother, Jack, moved back home 3 days ago. I could swear the Hemmings brothers were triplets, they all looked identical only with different body shapes. Both Ben and Jack have prominent facial hair too whilst Luke has a slight stubble which he kept tidy for school. I really do like the Hemmings brothers, and appreciate their company however being around the two older lads made me really miss my own brothers. I feel bad for leaving River and Tree behind, they're too young to be in situation where they see conflict between their own sister and parents, in which means they lose their sister. I want to be a role model for them, and I want to watch them grow as people but if Mum and I continue this everlasting grudge against my preferred lifestyle then I may never see them again.

"Babe?"

Luke is demanding my presence so yet again my feelings are going to be bottled up. Until next time my brand new red journal. Luna.

I closed the front cover of my journal and sat it to the edge of Luke's mess of a desk. I swivelled around in the office chair and raised my eyebrow at my boyfriend who was spread across his bed with a book open across his face.

"Yeah?" I asked, realising he wouldn't be able to see any of my gestures through the novel.

He continued staring towards the ceiling, the pages of One of us is Lying blocking his view of the cream painted interior. The book moved slightly as he spoke, "what's the time?"

I swivelled back around and clicked the home button on my phone, letting the screen light up so I could read the time to my lazy boyfriend who couldn't possibly do it himself. "A little after eight, why? Do you want to head off to school now?"

Before Jack came home, Luke and I caught a ride with Ben to school just before eight thirty since it worked with his schedule. However, now that Jack had come back and was very much unemployed he had offered to drive us to school earlier or later if we needed. The last two days had been later, as it had been a struggle to get out of the warm sheets and into the cold, uninsulated room. Today had been the opposite, after waking up from a nightmare at five in the morning I'd woken up Luke and we'd cuddled for a little while before slipping downstairs to make a hot chocolate clad in dressing gowns and slippers. We'd just ended up staying awake and getting ready for school earlier than usual.

"No," he shook his head and the book followed his actions. "Just wondering."

I stood up and headed over to him, sitting on the edge of his bed and resting my hand on his ankle. Luke lifted the book up and peered down at me with sleepy eyes. I felt bad for waking him up this morning but I had been on edge and needed his support.

"What's on your mind?" I traced my thumb across his ankle and he chucked the book to the side, sitting up and shuffling down to sit next to me. On instinct I rested my head on his shoulder and he lightly kissed my temple.