7

"I'm afraid to say that her soul indeed has the sign ingraved," Cas sighed. He seemed to be hoping it would be different.
"So what's wrong? How does that affect me?" I looked at the angel in front of me that looked at me worrying. This can't be a good sign.
"When carrying this sign, you are more like to be susceptible for any misfortune in life. Those children back then didn't randomly lose their families. Some people are meant to get hurt really bad and you happen to be one of them." Castiel looked at me, just like it was his fault. I sighed but try to smile a little.
"Cas, stop looking so sorry. This is not your fault. I can handle it." I petted his shoulder, smiling at him. I hoped to comfort him a little, it didn't seem to work out though.
"This sign doesn't have to be just a burden. As I said, those children were powerful, really powerful to cope with the pain they had to bare. You have those powers, too. And so does Jake." He looked at Dean and Sam who nodded at me.
"What kind of power?" Dean asked Cas and he began to tell the story of the most known child of agony, as they were called. His name was Erik, he was the son of his tribe's leader who, of course, died in a battle. When the sign got visable, he gained extreme power and used it to give his tribe as much as food as they need, they were never robbed, neither was any of them ever killed in a battle again. He gained so much power that he almost became immortal but ended up being murdered because he became too powerful. After a time, his whole family and tribe died and he was all alone. Everybody was afraid of him and so he turned into a very angry man that killed everybody that turned their back on him. After a while he met another child of agony who was finally able to kill him and this is how his misery ended.
"He is now in hell, being kept in the darkest cell, guarded by two demons that never leave him. He became a true monster that should never ever leave this cage. He's almost as evil as Lucifer. Legend has it, that the two of them actually were once trying to escape together. They seemed to get along really good. Just two very evil individuals."
Sam flinched a little when Cas mentioned Lucifer but I decided not to ask. He drifted off for a little moment but snapped back shortly after.
"So .. what does that mean for me?" I tried to  distract him from his thoughts and smiled slightly at him when he looked up to me. Ches seemed to feel that Sam didn't feel well and made his way to him. As he sat down in front of him and smiled his best smile, Sam's expression actually lighted up a little. Ches is good boy.
"Despite all the things that had happened to you, it is actually a little weird that it isn't already viable," Cas said, "or is it?" He looked at me with both eyebrows raised. I got what he meant when I saw Dean smirking.
"Oooh .. no. I can check myself, thank you." I sarcastically smiled at him and stand up to get into the bathroom. When I completely stripped down, I began to check for the sign. I also had to use the mirror of course, but after a minute, I found it under my left shoulder. It was almost invisible but I could actually feel it standing out a little. I started to shiver when I touched the little sign, looking like a scar. I felt uneasy, but decided not to care about it that much. I fastly put my clothes back on and unlocked the door.
"Yeah, it's on my back." I said, when I stepped out of the bathroom.
"Show it." Cas demanded and I raised an eyebrow. "... please," he added and i giggled. He was cute.
"Well, normally the guy at least gets me a drink before saying this," I joked, but instead of laughing, he only looked at me confused. Dean shook his head, patting Cas' shoulder.
"Oh Cas .. " he said, laughing. I looked at Sam who also smiled at him. Didn't seem to be the first time this happened.
"I don't get it." Castiel looked all confused. "Do I have to buy you a drink?" He asked me and before I could say anything, he disappeared to shortly reappear again with a coke is his hand.
"Did you pay for that?" I asked him as he gave me the ice cold drink.
"Uhm .. yes." He stuttered and I giggled again, taking a sip. This will be amusing.