1

So before we get to the tough part, let me tell you how it all started. I haven't been a fucked up my whole life. It all started pretty good, actually.

At the beginning, it was just dad and me. We lived in a small house, near a city I can't remember. We moved there when mom died. I don't remember much of her, just a warm smile, a glimpse of light, even in the darkest hour. And believe me, I've had alot of those hours.

Dad died in a car accident. It wasn't his fault. He was a taxi driver and was working in 12 hour shifts so we would could pay the rent for the house. 2 seconds of sleep took him away from me for ever. I will never forget the look in the eyes of the sheriff when he told me to pack my things because daddy won't come back.

After that, I spent 1 year on a farm, waiting for a family to come by and take me with them. Don't get me wrong, this one year on the farm was probably the best year of my childhood. I've had great friends, I could spend my days working with animals and got to know true happiness when Sonny, that's the guy the farm belonged to, got me a dog. This dog became my best friend, still is. Chester is an angel in fur.

After that one year, Sonny was viseted by a couple from Minnesota. They were kind hearted and welcomed me in their family right away. I loved them with all my heart. They even allowed me to take Chess with me. Trudy and Wesley weren't able to get own kids, and they've tried for so long that they loved me equally. They really did.

But even this had to come to an end, too soon, when I was 16. I was out with friends, we've watched some shitty slasher at the movies and I forgot the time. We were laughing and making jokes and drove through the clear, warm night in July. I didn't even notice the calls I missed. Those calls, that could've saved their lives. And when I came home and saw the police cars in front of the house, the neighbours standing behind the barrier, looking at me with pity in their eyes, I knew what had happened. I didn't even hear the words the policeman told me. I didn't want to hear it, how both of them got murdered brutally, their throats cut open. Of course they couldn't tell who did this to them. They never found this asshole. But I promised myself and them, that I would. And he would be sorry that he killed the most beautiful people I've ever met.

Since then, I lived in my car. Well, their car but basically, it was mine now. Wes told me that they'd planned to give it to me on my 18th birthday and I couldn't wait for it to be mine back then. Now, I would trade it in a heartbeat for my parents.

Well, fast forward. Since then, I'm basically living in this beautiful beast. I'm driving wherever I want, staying as long as I want. Trying to get some money with temporary jobs. I've never known what I would want to do with my life. Kind of, always felt like I didn't belong anywhere.

And then, I happened to be in the same town as the boys that changed my life for ever.