Murasakibara x Reader (Pick up lines)

"Ne Y/N, I really don't like your last name," Atsushi said in a very casual and bored tone. You were almost offended but decided to go along with it.

"Why, what's wrong with it?"

"I think my last name suits you better"  he said and scratched his head.

A small blush crept its way to your face when suddenly--

"EEEEEEY! That was nice wasn't it?" The playful 'eeeeeeey' signals his joking mood and a forceful smile made its way to your face.

Of course, it was just a joke; a harmless little joke. For him. Atsushi has a habit of telling pick up lines to you. It doesn't mean anything, you keep telling yourself. It means nothing to him so it should also mean nothing to you, right? But of course you can't help feeling warm and fidgety inside. You just learned to ignore the butterflies and treat his pick up lines the way they should be: as nothing.
---
The sky was unusually dark on your way home and Atsushi was kind enough to walk you home. He's on his way to buy some snacks anyway, he mentioned.

"Hey Atsushi, don't you think it's a bit dark? What time is it anyway?"

"Hmmm Y/N-chin, it's only (Insert his contact number)" he replied

"What? I asked for the time not your phone number, I already saved that," you tilted your head and frown your brows in question.

"Just send me a text and I'll give you all my time," he said and winked at you, or tried to at least.

"Pffff. HAHAHAHAHA. ATSUSHI WHAT WAS THAT! I THOUGHT YOU WERE HAVING A SEIZURE!" You laughed and nudged him in the arms.

Yeah that was your way of avoiding the creeping feelings in your stomach. Just laugh it all away. Pretend like you never wish it were real. But deep down you do. Oh god you sure wish they were real.
--
On your way to school you were carrying a large pile of folders containing student information from aspiring players who wants to audition for the team. That and the previous game tally of the school Yosen would be up against.

"Hey Y/N-chin that looks heavy. Here let me hold that for you," he offered to you while munching on his snacks. His kind gestures made you smile and you had to force down a blush, if that were possible.

You were relief that most of the folders you were carrying  were taken from you when suddenly you felt his hands grabbed yours.

You stared at it almost dumbfoundedly while you two continued walking. His hands were rough from playing basketball but a sweet scent lingered from it because of all the sweet he's eating. You were able to balance the folders in your other hand since they are a lot lighter now, but you can't seem to shake the feeling in your stomach you got when Atsushi held your hand. Your heart is pounding and it seems that your school is lacking oxygen as of the moment and you have no idea why.

"H..hey Atsushi, can I have my hand back please?"

"Ne~ you said I can hold it for you..." He said and continued walking

"Wha... I thought you meant the folders"

"Nah, why would I want your folders when your hand is much better to hold" he said and stuck his tongue out teasingly at you. He pushed the door to the gym and put down the folders on one of the bench.

Tatsuya was eyeing the both of you, especially your entwined hands. You shot him a look and he shook his head knowingly. He knows that you fancy his friend, but his smile meant something more than that, you just don't know what.

He dropped your hand and went to the lockers to change his clothes. It's time for the morning practice after all. When he got back the team was discussing the last match they had.

"Man, you know what I'd like to see? Rakuzan and Gakuen. I heard a lot about Aomine's style and I wonder how street style would go against Akashi," Tatsuya said and the team agreed. Atsushi stood near you and put an arm around your shoulder.

"Y/N-chin, you know what would be a perfect match?" He whispered in your ears

You were eager to know his input since he knows about the sport and you would like to know what you should expect to be up against

"What?" You asked

"You and me," he answered and put on a sheepish smile. His teammates snickered upon hearing his statement.

You were embarrassed and honestly speaking, full of it. An unrequited love can only take so much of high hopes. You removed his arms and walked away.

Atsushi was left aghast. His gaze followed you on your way out and he eyed the hand that was holding you a moment ago.

Tatsuya walked towards him and patted his shoulder, "You are both so stupid." He said.

He was about to complain but he was more curious about what he meant. But he couldn't ask more because practice was about to start.

--
You tried your best to avoid him that day. Or at least pretend nothing happened. You were so embarrassed with what you did. You just had to make your feelings for him so obvious.

You didn't plan to do that, you swear you didn't. But how can you expect your feelings to go away when you always spend time with him and hear his stupid pick up lines that never fail to brighten your day.

That afternoon Atsushi ditched practice and forced you to buy snacks with him. You wanted so much to decline but you said to yourself this will be the last time. For tomorrow you would be sure to avoid him. Nothing good will come out of this, you were sure of that. He doesn't like you and you should start feeling the same towards him, you thought to yourself.

The shop had no customers except for the two of you since it is early for the kids to go out of school and it seems Atsushi was the only high school customer the store has.

He was taking his time in picking and you were running out of patience. It seems he was purposely wasting your time by picking up and putting back down the products.

"Hey Atsushi, make up your mind already. It's not like it's your first time buying here. What do you want?" You asked him

He stopped on his tracks and put down the candy bar he was holding.

"You." He answered and looked at you with a look that you only see on his face when he enters the zone. The intensity of his gaze was enough to make the air humid.

"Ha ha 'eeeey' am I right?" You mockingly said and copied his teasing line.

"I'm being serious," he replied

"No, you're not. You always say that. You say sweet nothings to me and pretend that I don't get affected. You should learn to take responsibility for your actions, Atsushi." Words kept rushing out of your mouth without any intent to stop

"How are you going to take responsibility for my feelings..." You whispered and looked on the floor.

You heard his heavy footsteps coming towards you and felt his hands gently combed your hair. He lifted your chin and made you meet his eyes.

"Ne, what about Y/N-chin? When are you going to take responsibility for how you are making me feel? You're not the only one falling Y/N-chin."

"Wait... Are you saying that..."

"I like you? Yes. Have been for a while now, Y/N-chin. Everyone seems to know but you. I don't know how that happened, I've been very explicit with my feelings. I guess Y/N-chin is just so dense." He said and nuzzled his head on your neck.

You couldn't say anything, but it seems like you don't need to.

---------------
Hi im back.
This is request
Thanks