Chapter 26: Crisis

After traveling for what felt like days, we arrived at a mountain. Gaia pointed out the huge cave that was embedded in the mountain. We all decided that it would be best for us to make camp here since it is pretty spacious enough for the four of us.

My mother jumps down from my back and inspects the cave before signaling us the okay. Gaia goes in second to place Olivia on to the ground. Once Olivia is on the ground the two of us shift back to our normal forms. Gaia wraps her arms around herself while shivering,

"It's freezing in here."

"I can start a fire for some warmth."

"Drax and I don't have any clothes." My mother nods and removes her cloak and makes a makeshift cover/ dress for Gaia. She gives me the hood to wear as shorts of some kind. Once we are in our makeshift clothes, my mother leaves to gather firewood. I roam around the cave looking for rocks,

"How long do you think we will be here?" Gaia questions as she scoops up two medium sized rocks. I shrug my shoulders,

"I don't know, I guess when Olivia wakes up," I answer. This has never happened before except when I shifted to get Olivia away from Adam. I stayed in my cursed much longer than I thought I could. My mother returns with her arms full of wood. Gaia and I help her set it down along with the rocks. Once we made the fire pit, my mother got down to start the fire manually.

"Mom," I call out and she looks up. I said a simple ember spell and the fire started.

"Oh, well I suppose we could do that." All three of us gathered around the pit to get some sort of warmth.

"Do you think Olivia will even wake up? It's been hours since she was attacked."

"I don't want to think about that." My mother answers

"Ok, well can we talk about the obvious. We are miles away from dad and we should at least let him know where we are."

"Absolutely not."

"He could be worried about you guys and I have put my parents through enough by disappearing. I agree with Drax,"

"Gaia, in case you both forgot we almost attacked them for coming too close to Olivia. I don't want to hurt any of them and I'm sure the two of you don't want to either." We both knew she was right. I almost ripped my dad to shreds even though I know he wouldn't hurt either of us in any way. I don't know why my cursed reacted that way and I still don't know. Mom is right our best bet is to just stay away from them for now until this protection thing wears off.

"Why don't we get some dinner?"

"Dinner?"

"I say we get some fish." My mother suggests with a smile. She gets to her feet while Gaia and I follow behind. A little bit away from the mountain was a stream. We all managed to find a pointy enough stick and headed to the edge of the stream to fish. I threw my stick at a fat fish but I missed.

"What do you think they did to her?" Gaia asks

"Beat her," I answer as I throw my stick a little too hard and it collides with a rock. I groan in frustration and toss my now bent stick aside.

"Drax," Gaia starts

"If I had remembered sooner enough, we could have stopped this. Olivia was all alone while those two sick fucks tortured her." I growl. The thought doesn't skip my mind at all. What if we arrived a few seconds earlier, a few minutes before they hurt her. She would've been safe. My mother comes by my side,

"Your memory was wiped and that was not your fault. Lady Regina and Lord Peter did their deed and paid for it. Olivia is strong, she will wake up. We just have to look at the positives."