Chapter 1: The Whole Trifecta

I sat in the nursery rocking chair while cradling my newborn son, Drax. He was fast asleep, and his peaceful snores echoed in the silent room. I stroked his light pink cheeks and smiled contently. How adorable he is, I compliment to myself. Across the room, Damien held Olivia and slowly rocked her to sleep. Often times my thoughts would drift back to the first time I held my daughter. How our entire bedroom was engulfed in flames, and the only thing I could see was her dark red eyes. Was that some sort of foreshadowing? Or perhaps a vision or symbol? What the hell does it mean?

"Addeline," Damien calls interrupting my inner conundrum.

"Yes?" I answer while looking up at him

"I think she's ready for her feeding," he replies while walking over to take Drax from my arms. I open my arms to take Olivia from him as he slips away to place Drax in his crib. Drax was actually the calmest babe I have ever met. He rarely even cries, he just pouts, and that just about gives him whatever he could desire. Olivia, on the other hand, was a clear daddy's girl. She would cry at the top of her lungs in the middle of the night just for him to hold her. I placed her little arm up under my armpit and began feeding her. She kept her eyes closed and put her left arm on my chest soothingly. She never looks directly at you during feeding.

"So I was thinking," Damien starts.

"Thinking?"

"We should make an appearance in town. To show that you know, the two heirs are alive and well." he advocated. I for one could care less if the townspeople saw if our newborns were alive and well. We both knew they were so why show it? But I figure it must be a tradition since three days after giving birth to Gaia, Jace held her out to the awaiting crowd. And they did wait outside their balcony for the entire three days which is pretty freaking creepy.

"I don't know if that's the best idea," I reply as I place Olivia on my back and prepare to burp her.

"Why not?"

"Well for starters both of our babies are cursed. I know the town wasn't to keen on having one cursed so having three would be a bit much for them to accept." He shook his head and chuckled

"The town loves you, they always have."

"I wouldn't say, love-"

"Great! I'll inform the nobles." he smiled and ran off. I rolled my eyes and placed Olivia back in her crib. Seeing people was the last thing I wanted to do. Not to mention the fact that we didn't have to show the townspeople anything. We could always just tell them that they are ok, I don't see the need in showing them around like wealthy prizes. I retreated back to our room where it was empty and began shuffling around for something to put on. There was a knock on the door and then footsteps, I turned to my right and spotted Alina walking in with Gaia in her arms.

"Good morning!" she chirped, and Gaia burst into a fit of laughter. For a four-month-old baby she sure was a rather joyful child. Anything and everything would cause her to smile or laugh. It was downright adorable. I smiled instantly at my little niece,

"Morning," I reply back

"Getting ready for the walk?"

"What walk?" I question as I shuffle back through my chest.

"The walk of the royals of course," she replies absentmindedly. I turn around and glance back at her with a tilted head,

"Walk of the royals?"

"Well, its tradition after any royal birth that the parents and everyone else in the royal family walk around town giving blessings and getting blessings for their children and for the town. Damien just told us to get ready," I narrowed my eyes and then rolled them. He mentioned no such thing I grumble internally. I grabbed a light green spring gown and tossed it on the bed.