Percy Jackson x Alexia Morgenstern (Me and My Broken Heart) Part 5 (Final)

"Alexia?" I heard not too long later.

"Percy. You have some explaining to do." I said to him. Just before he could begin talking, Alec and Jace made there way over to him. 'This...is not going to be good.' I thought.

"If you hurt her again, you're meeting my arrows." Was all Alec said as he glared at Percy.

"And I'm not holding him back. I'll be joining him with my blade." Jace said as he too flared at Percy.

"Duly noted." I detected a hint of fear in his voice as he looked at the boys.

"Down boys." Izzy said and motioned them to move away.

"So...can we talk in private, please." Percy asked me.

"Alright." With that, I looked at Izzy, Jace and Alec, giving them a look that I'll be ok and then walked with Percy.

"I really am sorry, Alexia. I never meant to hurt you like that. I wanted to tell you about Annabeth and I, but I wanted to tell you when the time was right. You were never meant to find out that way." Percy said the moment we were alone.

"Percy, there was never going to be a right time. Why didn't you just tell me when it happened, or even a little bit after? You had to know I was going to find out eventually. We were best friends, we told each other everything." I said.

"I have no excuse for not telling you. I should've but instead I hurt you. I never meant to hurt you...I never meant to kill you. The moment your died was the moment I lost myself. I lost you because of something I did, and the guilt of that was eating me away each and every day that passed after your death." He took my hands in his and held them tightly while looking into my eyes. I wanted to pull away, this was the first touch from him I've had in a long time, but a part of me didn't want to let go. 'Do I still have feelings for this boy?' I thought.

"Percy..."

"I am so sorry, Alexia. You have no idea how much I wish I could take back what happened. I never wanted to do anything that would hurt you." He held my hand tighter, as if he was afraid to let go. And perhaps he was. I can see something in his eyes, a desperation of sort. But for what exactly? I truly couldn't say.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked softly.

"I...We didn't tell anyone."

"I'm not just anyone, Percy."

"I know that." I looked down at our hands and slowly pulled away.

"Do you though? I always thought our friendship meant more than that, I thought I meant more to you than that. I could take you and Annabeth being together, to some degree, but not knowing at all and finding out by finding you two kissing? I felt betrayed."

"Alexia..."

"You can't event begin to imagine the pain I felt that day. My heart literally gave out because I couldn't fight to stay alive any longer. I lost my life that day. If you're looking for forgiveness, I can't give that to you right now." I felt my body begin to shake as I spoke. I slowly got up and was about to walk away, only to feel his hands around my waist before pulling me towards his body, my hands landing on his chest. "Percy?" He simply held me tighter.

"Please Lex, don't leave me. I wouldn't be able to handle you leaving me a second time. The day I lost you was the day I realised just how much you meant to me."

"What about Annabeth?" I asked softly.

"We broke up. After your death, I wasn't the same. I rarely ate, I rarely slept, I hardly ever left my cabin. Annabeth tried her hardest to help me, but all I could think about was you. I failed you once Alexia and I lost you. I thought I lost you for good, yet here you are." He pulled me as close to him as he could, leaving absolutely no space between us. I lifted my head and looked into his eyes, noticing that he had dark circles around them. I didn't know what it was that compelled me to do it, but I lifted my hand and placed it on his cheek, slowly caressing it. He merely leaned into my touch and closed his eyes.

"I'm here, Sweetheart." I don't know what it was that was compelling me to call him that, perhaps a part of me still loved him. He placed one of his hands on top of mine and looked deeply into my eyes.

"Please don't leave me again, Lex. I'll do anything to prove to you just how sorry I am, even if it takes me the rest of my life. I know I can't live without you, I'm nothing more than an empty shell without you around. You're the reason I continue to fight, my reason to live each and everyday. You mean so much to me. Please, stay with me."

"I have people waiting for me back at the institute, I can't just leave them."

"I'm not going to make you choose between me and them. All I ask is that you give me a chance before saying goodbye."

"I don't know Percy..." I slowly begin to pull away from him, only to freeze at what he said next.

"Would you give me a chance if I said I love you too?"

"You what?" My voice was nothing more that a whisper as I couldn't believe what he said. He simply moved closer, placed both of his hands on my cheeks and looked deeply into my eyes once again.

"I love you, Alexia. Would you please give me one chance to prove myself?" His voice was sincere as he spoke, full of love and passion. I didn't say anything as I thought about it, leaving him waiting in silence.

"One chance." I said after a few moments of silence. His eyes lit up, as if he couldn't believe I would give him this chance.

"Thank you." He said softly.

"I'll let Izzy know that I'm staying here for a bit. But you have a lot to make up for."

"And I'll spend every waking minute making it up to you." He placed his forehead on mine and closed his eyes. I couldn't help but close my eyes as well, I feel content. "May I kiss you?" I didn't answer him, I simply placed my lips on his and kissed him softly. He responded immediately and kissed me gently.

"Please don't make me regret giving you this chance." My voice was soft as I spoke.

"I won't." Was all he said as he kissed me once again.

I'm scared taking this chance. I don't want to go through that agonising, heartbreaking pain again. But, I also heard the sincerity, love and passion in his voice as he spoke. I believe him when he tells me that he will make it up to me. Because at the end of the day, I love this boy and I want to give us a chance.