Jason Grace x Reader (Falling)

Requested by @0Raven0987

Death

It's the only thing going through my mind as I feel the wind blow through my hair, the ground coming closer and closer towards me. Oh, I should probably mention what is going on. You see, it all began with a chariot race.

Earlier

"Alright, so (Name) and I will be the ones flying the chariot today." Annabeth said as we talked about the chariot race that's happening in just a few hours. Our siblings nodded their heads and left us to prepare. I felt nervous as this is the first time I'll be in the chariot race, my sister thought that it's time for me to experience it, and der gods was I nervous. She walked up to me and placed her hand on my shoulder, looking at me with concern in her eyes. "Are you going to be alright (Name)? You don't have to do this is you're not ready to."

"Sure I'm nervous, but I don't want to keep missing out just because of how I feel. I hate how I miss out on this because I'm either too scared or too nervous to do it."

"Alright, well let's go and get our chariot, we have a race to win." With that, we walked off and got our chariot, then we made our way to where the races where going to be held. Once there, we saw that all the other campers were already there, waiting for Chiron to show. Not to long later, he finally showed up and began talking.

"Greetings campers, as you know we are here for another chariot race. You all know the rules, you're only permitted two horses per chariot, each team must consist of one driver and one fighter, weapons are allowed, any dirty tricks are allowed and no one is to be killed. The track is a quarter-mile long and the first ones to complete two laps are the winners. Now, those who are racing today, please go to the starting mark." With that, those who are participating began to leave, Annabeth and I included.

"Alright (Name), I'll drive and you fight." I looked at her with a concern look in my eyes.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I trust you. Don't worry, you'll do great."

"Alright." I nodded my head and we walked over to our chariot, which was brought to the track by two of our siblings. Annabeth jumped in and held the reins, preparing as I took a deep breath and held the owl charm of my necklace, watching as it transformed into my celestial bronze sword, and jumped into the chariot, my sword by my side, ready to defend us and the chariot.

"Alright campers," Chiron said as he walked up to the starting line, "prepare yourself, it's about to begin." Everyone began making their way to the line, a look of determination plastered on their faces. My heart started to beat faster as I grew more and more nervous with each passing second. Before I knew it, we were all at the starting line, waiting for the race to begin. I looked around me and before I knew what was happening, the race had begun.

"(Name)!" Annabeth shouted, causing me to snap out of it and focus on defending. With a watchful eye, I looked around at, watching for anyone who would target us. Not long after, Connor and Travis Stoll approached us, a mischievous look in their eyes. Since Connor was the one driving, I had to keep my eyes on Travis, watching and waiting for any tricks up his sleeve.

"You know, I hear that all Athena kids are afraid of spiders." Travis said and I looked at him in confusion. Before I could speak however, he held up a jar full of nasty little spiders and threw it into the chariot. I tried to catch the jar, however I was too late and it smashed against the chariot. The glass shattered into tiny pieces and the spiders began crawling everywhere. Fear began to course through my veins as my body began to shake, I couldn't help but scream.