1. Drunk Nights

Earth

I was at the bar on the opposite side of my dorm and by opposite, I meant almost an hour drive away, downing my tenth shot of tequila.

Or  was it eleventh?

I wasn't sure.

What I was sure was I was smashed and it would take a miracle for me to be able to come home unscathed after this.

My head was spinning and I could no longer tell what colors were there on the strobe lights or when was my birthday or what  major I was studying but the confrontation I had with my roommate turned bestfriend for two years, P'Podd was just too fvcking vivid.

I gulped the drink in one go as the memories came rushing down un solicitedly the way the guilt was slowly creeping in with all the awful things I told him.

"P, what's wrong? Are you avoiding me?"

P'Podd blinked at me before he continued stuffing his clothes in his back pack as he answered me with a smile.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Nong. I'm just busy lately because of my thesis that I had to stay at my classmate's dorm."

I shook my head with his reason. I knew thesis. And I knew academic. But I also knew if someone was deliberately avoiding me and that was what P'Podd had been doing since that night I introduced him to Ploy, my girlfriend.

"Look, P, I was just joking when I told you to get lost so I could bring Ploy here, okay? You don't have to really take it seriously. If I somehow annoyed you because of that, then I'm sorry. I really don't like it when you're being like this, obviously avoiding me."

I saw P'Podd froze for a moment before he closed his back pack and faced me.

He looked as if he wanted to say something but decided against it in the end and instead, he smiled at me and patted me on my shoulder.

"You think too much. I'm fine. And I'm not against you bringing Nong Ploy here, she's your girlfriend after all but then again, I wouldn't suggest it, at least not now that the dorm wardens upped their checking on every room. You don't want to be kicked out specially at this time of the semester when all the places are fully booked."

I heaved a sigh.

P'Podd was really trying to steer the conversation off and I didn't know why I was starting to get so frustrated that I was too close to being annoyed.

"P',we've been friends for years now. Don't you think I deserve even just an ounce of honesty? Besides, we're adults, can't we settle this peacefully without you running away?"

I didn't know why and didn't understand myself too. But eversince P'Podd started to avoid me, I can't help but felt uneasy.

It was the first time since we became friends that he had been this distant and cold and I wasn't  liking it. To the point that I spaced out over it even if I was with Ploy.

"Again, I don't know what you're talking about Nong but I'm not running away. And trust me, I'm being my most adult self right now that's why we're still having this conversation and you're still respecting me."

I furrowed my brows with what he said and had to stop him as he walked towards the door.

"Just what do you mean by that?"

I rushed to the door and shut it before P'Podd could get out. I was serious when I said I wanted to clear things out.

"You won't understand."

I rolled my eyes and put my hands on either side of my hip before I regarded P'Podd.

"How will I understand if you won't talk to me and tell what's wrong!?!"