16: checkmate

It was the Sunday morning when Arjun called Rajveer,
"Rajveer Singh, i thought so much about your condition... you really trapped us very well.... if i want my power back then i have to married your sister.... i agree..."

Rajveer smirked on his words,
"Good decision Arjun... we will announce it tonight in the party...."

Arjun replied in weird tone,
" yeah... party.... i called you for it only... i have a surprise for you.... the party will be at my new home... sorry your old mansion.... now its mine... everything belong to Mukta singh..... belongs to me...."

Rajveer flinched on her mention,
" Arjun... don't talk rubbish... it is our big day.... why you are remembering her.... off course the mansion is yours and after your marriage it will become of my sister....."

Arjun chuckled dryly,
" yes but please you have to come there only... i have cancelled your party already...."

Rajveer was confused, why he did that.
"How can you cancel the party without asking me?"

Arjun smirked,
"Dear brother-in-law, we are a family infront of people so it is not very strange to change party venue at last minute... so please i am inviting you again for our big day."

Rajveer became restless, he called to Rashmi. She didn't pick his calls so he called to his trusted servant in Arjun's home.
" what is happening there.... do you know anything? What is Arjun planning.... just go and keep watching them, inform me about every thing.."

He throw the phone on the table. At this point He had to be winner. There was no way to redeem himself after what he had done. He couldn't back out now.
First, Arjun had to got engaged with Riya, second Andrew and Riya divorce before their marriage. After that he could get everything. Rashmi had to come back to him.

*************
Arjun was getting ready for the party when pramila and Rashmi came to him,
" Arjun what are you doing? Are you sure about your decision."

"Maa... i am sure... i did right thing. That is the only way to make everything right... we will not loose anything, trust me..."

Mr Gupta came there and said,
" mr verma... everything is ready... guests has started to come..."

Arjun nodded and replied,
" ok... maa you go with Rashmi in the party lounge... i will come shortly after you."

**************
Arjun entered into the room and asked,
"Are you ready Mukta?"

Mukta became perplexed on his words,
" i am scared when he will see me, what will he do?"

Arjun came towards her and looked her from head to toe. She was looking breathtakingly gorgeous in the red. He smiled softly and replied,
"I am with you so you don't have to be worried , now come with me..."

He was about to hold her hand when she jerked away from her place,
"I can manage... don't forget this is only a deal between us. We are not a happy couple or anything... "

Arjun smirked,
"I know very well, you don't have to repeat anything, but i cannot leave you alone as you are my trump card. Now you know everything about Raj and me so you have to be on my side... "

Mukta gave him a hard glare and left the room with him. She sighed after looking around. She wanted eagerly to come back to her home but not like this. She couldn't be happy to see her brother misery but he himself responsible for that. She was devastated to know that he was monster with everyone. His every relation was based on fakeness. First time she felt that he was suffering for good. She had the hope inside her heart that he will be reformed.

************
Rajveer came to the mansion after a long time. He smiled to see that. After Arjun and Riya wedding, it would be easy to get this home. The mansion was worth of 80 crore. He wanted to convert it into hotel. It was the heritage. His great grandparents built the royal haveli.

Riya was mesmerized to see the beauty of architecture. Untill now she only saw that in pictures but it was amazing feeling to see it live. She couldn't believe that after marriage she will be the new owner of this property.

Rajveer looked to Rashmi but she turned her face in other side when she saw him. Raj came close to her and asked in usual sugar coated tone,
"Hey dear, how are you... not miss me?"

Rashmi felt a Knott in her throat, she looked to him with sad eyes,
" i missed you but in painful way... you are not my Raj but a jerk and selfish person. Even today , you came only for your profit, gain and property... where is your love?"

Rajveer chuckled dryly,
" even i can say this to you also, where is your so called love lost? You always said that you love me and never leave me but you left me on just one mistake..."

Rashmi looked him and said,
"At least you accept that you did a mistake... but it was not a mistake but crime. You did crime as you tricked us, and you killed your sister."

Rajveer clinched his fists,
" she wasn't my sister and i didn't kill her, she attempted suicide... i didn't even saw her...."

He was interrupted by Arjun voice,
" ladies and gentlemen, thank you for all of you to grace the party by your presence... today is the special day for my family... this is most beautiful yet turning point moment of my life... i want to introduce my someone special to all of you... Raj thanks bro... its because of you... i found my life partner... your sister is amazing... so cut the crap and please welcome with a round of applause my dear...."

Guests were clapping. Rajveer smiled towards Riya and signalled her to go the stage... she was all smiling with bright face and about to go the stage when Arjun next words made both the siblings jam on their place,

" so dear friends... please welcome Mukta Arjun verma, my beautiful wife and Rajveer gorgeous little sister..."

Raj and Riya was stunned to see her alive. Arjun held Mukta by her waist and smirked with smile. While Mukta was looking to Rajveer. Everyone started to congratulate the couple while Riya ran outside, she couldn't control her tears.

**********

************