4: savior

Arjun went to see Mukta. She was still unconscious. He looked to her innocent face. She was looking childlike in sleeping form. He was looking at her without even blink. He felt newfound sympathy for her.

"I will never let Raj harm you.." he said in lost thoughts when suddenly Mukta awaken with a jerk.

"Raj Bhai... where are you?" The words slipped from her lips instantly and Arjun became straight on his chair.

Arjun searched words to say something.
He couldn't tell her his truth but he wanted to protect her. He asked in concern tone,
" are you okay?"

She looked at him as if he was like alien and in the next moment she remembered everything.
" you are still here....."

Arjun looked her face,
" are you okay?"

Mukta got irritated on his same question again,
" yes... now will you please tell me..."

Arjun left without saying anything to her in reply. She sighed on her fate.

**************
"Mr Gupta... you have to prepare her to face the truth...." Arjun said to Mr Gupta.

Mr Gupta was surprised by his words.
" what will I say, Mr Verma?"

Arjun: "I will tell you.. you have to show to her the real face of his brother so that she could overcome from the shock. I will take care of her until she will not complete her studies but for that, she shouldn't know about my connection with Rajveer. If she gets to know that... she will not be able to trust me. She is not safe here. If Raj gets to know that she is still here then I bet he can harm her."

Mr Gupta nodded in an understanding tone.

**************
Raj was anxious, he could feel the remorse in Arjun voice. In somewhere deep he was also feeling the same. He didn't want to do anything like this but the hate for Mukta in his heart overpowered his sane thought. Now he was thinking about the failure of the plan as he could sense the change of heart in Arjun.

"Arjun... you cannot destroy my plan... I will not leave you if you will be done anything like that. That girl is the flesh and blood of that lady Pratima who stole my happiness of life. She is equally responsible like her mother. My father didn't give the right of a daughter to my little sister Riya but that girl was his centre of the world. My sister was deprived of her necessities but she had born with a gold spoon now I will give her everything to my sister Riya..."

He called Riya,
"You... you should come soon if you don't want to lose Arjun...."

Rashmi came from behind,
" who loose whom?"

Raj became uncomfortable on her sudden entry,
" no I was just talking about time to Riya... that she should come soon and time is very precious..."

Rashmi started him suspiciously,
"Why it looks like you are hiding something?"

Raj held her hand and replied cautiously,
" what will you do if I have to hide something?"

Rashmi: " are you seriously hiding anything from me?"

Raj smiled and said,
"I can't hide because whenever I saw your beautiful face, I become like compelled to tell u everything?"

Rashmi slipped in his arms and smiled,
" really Raj, I don't like that if you will hide something. I am here for you like an open book and I expect same from you... never ever break my trust..."

Raj had tightened his arms around her,
"I will never let you go from my life..."

*************
Mr Gupta was talking with Mukta while Arjun was standing outside and waiting for her decision.

Mr Gupta: " Mukta beta... you have to go from here. This home does not belong to you anymore."

Mukta looked him with pain,
"How easily you can say this, Gupta uncle? But this is not only a home for me but a land of memories. I spent my most precious time with my parents here. I cannot believe that Raj Bhai can do something with me like this."

Mr Gupta: " you know Mukta... he can do anything with you... you know very well... but you don't want to accept..."

Mukta sighed,
"I know he hates me... but from some days, he changed, he was nice to me... he must be in some problem..."

Mr Gupta sarcastically smiled,
" you are so naive beta... I warned you before but you didn't listen... he just pretended to be nice... "

Mukta was speechless, Mr Gupta was right, even she was surprised to see the change in Raj attitude but she wanted to live in that illusion. She gave deaf ears to every doubt and thought.

Even now she wanted to believe that it was all her bad dream and when she will wake up... it will be over.

Her thoughts chain broke with Mr Gupta voice,
"I cannot take you to my home because of my family. This world is full of materialistic people who just want to salute the rising sun and I know we are no less than. But Mr Arjun Verma understand your situation, he wants to help you... I know him, he is a good man..."

Mukta looked outside from the window where he was standing lost in thoughts
" he is a complete stranger to me. Why does he want to help me? He is a businessman, I don't have anything in return then what will be his benefit?"

Arjun who was listening outside came and replied,
"Everything is not about benefit in business. A true businessman knows when he should take a risk. Don't think that I am doing it in pity or anything for you but it is because of your brother who not only ditched you but also betrayed me so I want to make him realize that."

Mukta looked at him and asked,
"So you want to use me as your pawn against my brother?"

Arjun smiled and replied,
"I want to make you your strength..."

********