3: reasons

Rajveer was very happy after the success and called his sister Riya,
"Riyu.... we won... that girl is gone... now Singh mansion will be yours officially after your marriage with Arjun. "

He remembered his past,

Flashback

The 10 years old boy was crying for his mother but she was not there for him. His father tried to console him.

"Raj dear... please eat something... we will go out and will play lots of games..."

Raj: " no please bring my maa back..."

His father Mr Singh sighed helplessly,
"Your mother left us for some other person... she is very happy and forget us..."

Raj heard it but couldn't understand his words' meaning. Days passed and turned in months when one day his father called him and said,
" Raj you were telling about maa... here meet your maa..."

Raj looked towards his father new wife Mrs Pratima Singh and shouted,
" she is not my maa... I want my maa..."

He ran away in his room. With each day, Pratima tried hard to win his trust and love but he was very stubborn.

When he was 14 years old, Pratima died during childbirth and Mr Singh has broken over her death deeply. He was left alone to handle the newborn girl whom he named Mukta after her late wife wish and the teenager son Raj.

Mukta was Apple of the eye for the whole mansion and this was unbearable for Raj. He couldn't see her as his young little sister and last nail in the coffin of his hate was when he met his long lost mother.

She told him about how his father left her in the pregnant state for Pratima. How he snatched him from her. How he forbid her to meet Raj. How she alone raised his younger sister Riya whom his father didn't accept his daughter. How she was living in poverty all these years.

After knowing all that Raj hatred increased for little Mukta who was then 10 years old.

It seemed luck was in his favour that's why one day Mr Singh left the world in his sleep and Mukta became dependent on Raj. Mr Singh was a wise man and he knew about Raj hatred towards Mukta so he made all the properties on Mukta name in his last will. Raj was furious that first, her mother snatched all the things from him now the daughter became like her mother but he couldn't do anything.

There was a condition in the will that Mukta couldn't give him any property until her 23 birthday but after that, she could give him anything if she wanted.

Rajveer was waiting for that day and he didn't want that Mukta could protest against him so being his only guardian, he stopped her schooling first and arranged the home tutors for her study. Mukta loved him so much as he was his only family but he never tried to show any affection. He started to live most of the time with his mother and sister.

During his struggle to run his business he met with Arjun and Rashmi. In a short time, he fell in love with Rashmi and married her. Arjun helped him in business. Raj became part of their family. He didn't tell anything about Mukta existence in his life to Rashmi.

He told her about Riya and his mother. When Mukta turned 23 years old, he made the plan and blackmailed Arjun to complete that.

According to his plan, he made a business loss story and Mukta gave him power of attorney. After that Raj left her alone in the mansion without any contact.

Flashback end

*********

Arjun was about to go when he saw Mr Gupta behind him who was stunned.

Mr Gupta: " Mr Arjun Verma... you and Rajveer didn't do right with that innocent girl..."

Arjun was guilty inside but denied his feelings.
" Mr Gupta... She is not innocent... Raj told me..."

Mr Gupta laughed on his words.
" What did he tell? I saw from last 23 years.. how he treated her... he never look at her... he never asked her if she needs anything... if she missed her parents... she cried alone but he never care.. she liked to go out but he stopped her. He stopped her free life and made her like prisoner.... did he told all this.. he tried to kill her.. did he tell you..."

Mr Gupta started to panicked. Arjun was shocked to know that. He felt remorse of his action. He called Raj,

" Raj... think again... don't do this to her... she is innocent..."

Raj became frustrated on his plea. Once again jealousy surrounded him, how could that girl create a soft corner in everyone hearts.

He furiously replied,
" it looks like you cannot handle her... I have to send her to her parents ... only after that, she will let me live peacefully..."

Arjun was shocked to hear his words, he couldn't imagine that his friend Raj could be sinister like this. He always saw him as a loving husband and a caring brother.

Arjun was angry on himself for helping him in his evil plan but now he decided to protect the girl. He knew Raj could go to any length for his revenge. He had to save his sister Rashmi happiness also. Raj was her life and he couldn't let broke his family due to his stupid revenge game. He decided that he made Raj realise his mistakes.