Chapter 27

That day, Hoseok and Taehyung came with me to pack up the remainder of my things from my apartment.

According to Namjoon, my mom hadn't showed up for work that morning. However, when I went to the apartment, she wasn't there either.

Of course I was worried, but there was little that I could do at the moment.

"Is this the last of your things?" Hoseok asked, placing my laptop into a box, closing it up and setting it on the pile.

I glanced into my bare wardrobe once again to ensure I had all my clothes. "Looks like it." I replied, closing the doors of it.

"What about this guy?" Taehyung picked up the small light brown teddy bear that sat on my bed. "Why are one of his arms sewed higher up than the other?" He chuckled slightly. "And his eyes don't match."

I turned around to see what he was talking about, only to realise that it was Ted.

"Yah! That's Ted, my stuffed bear. My dad won him at a fair for me a couple of weeks before he died." I said, leaving Taehyung and Hoseok to exchange uneasy, sympathetic glances. It could easily be told that they weren't used to showing sympathy, but as fully fledged gang members, that was to be expected.

However, I wasn't paying any attention to them as I glared at the bear. "His arms are wonky because I accidentally got him stuck between the doors of the elevator once...poor Ted's arm came right off and mom had to stitch it back on." I laughed slightly, remembering how distraught I was thinking that Ted could feel pain. "His eyes also don't match because the neighbours cat bit it off and ate it. There was no way Ted was gonna get that back, so mom gave him a button for an eye." I took Ted from Taehyung and stroked his matted fur. I then glanced up at the two males who each had a solemn smile on their faces.

"Ted's been through a lot, is he gonna come with us then?" Hoseok raised an eyebrow with an amused expression.

"Heck yeah." I giggled, clutching the bear tightly as I went to put him in a box.

"That right there, is baby girl culture." Taehyung said quietly to Hoseok so that I couldn't hear.

Hoseok responded by punching him lightly on the arm, "Hornball."

~

There wasn't that many boxes, so we were able to get them all into the car with only two trips. We had to time it well however, to ensure that Mr Choi was out and that he wasn't coming back any time soon, giving us time to get everything packed and out of the apartment.

I had also disabled the security cameras beforehand, just incase.

Finally, we had finished and Hoseok and I had went back up to lock the door. Hoseok was good with locks, so he was the one who had picked the lock to open it in the first place.

I stood in front of the open door, my arms folded.

"Do you think my mom will worry whenever she sees that all my things are gone?" I questioned, continuing to stare inside.

"To be honest, yeah. But at that she might just assume that you wanted to move out." He replied, casting his gaze downwards at me.

"Ca-Can I leave her a note?" I furrowed my eyebrows with confusion. I didn't know whether or not it was the right thing to do, and I was hesitant.

"Sure Soomi-ah." Hoseok placed a hand sympathetically on my shoulder, giving me the same solemn smile as earlier.

I nodded my head and exhaled a deep breath, taking a deep breath. I made my way back inside, taking the notepad and pen belonging to my mom.