Calum has tried to get Michael out of his room, coaxing him with various things, mostly food, but would end up bringing it to him anyway.

But enough was enough. There was only a certain amount of time Calum would allow Michael to be sad in his room. He figured being sad at the grocery store was a step up.

Michael found himself trailing behind Calum down the dairy aisle , quietly thanking his friend when he put his favorite almond milk in the cart.

They made their way into the aisle filled with chips and other snacks, perfect to stock up for their bro nights.

Michael had grabbed a bag of pretzels and put it in the cart when he heard a bunch of bags fall a few feet away from him. He looked and saw a boy around his age groan and struggle to pick them up.

He walked over and noticed he had a cast on his arm, preventing him from picking up all of the bags properly. Michael grabbed the last one off the ground and put it back on the shelf before making eye contact with the stranger.

The very pretty stranger.

"Thank you so much." The boy smiled and faced Michael.

Michael tried to think of something to say back, but somehow he couldn't bring himself to speak. Something about this human was so intriguing to Michael.

Finally he was able to articulate words into a sentence. He pointed to the cast on the boy's arm, "What happened?"

The boy blushed and began picking at the end of the cast. "It's pretty embarrassing..I fell down my stairs and landed on my arm."

A little smile formed on Michael's face, if the boy thought it was funny he could too, right?

"That must of hurt, I assume?"

Michael was unaware of his best friend on the other side of the aisle, smiling to himself like a crazy person because he knew what was happening, yet neither of the boys did.

"It hurt so bad, I feel bad for my soulmate who had to go through it too, whoever they are."

It seemed as if Michael froze in his spot. The boy noticed the sudden change in behavior and quickly added, "It happened a few days ago so hopefully they're okay, they should be fine if I am."

Michael felt like he could cry. If this was a sick joke the universe was playing on him he would break down in the middle of the chip aisle in that moment.

"The other day I collapsed in my kitchen because my arm suddenly started hurting." Michael said softly, watching the expression change on the boy's face as well.

"On Friday night?" The stranger asked, and Michael nodded slowly.

He let out a heavy breath, "Around 8?"

Michael nodded again, his bottom lip trembling. He stepped closer to the boy, completely forgetting they were surrounded by strangers and hundreds of bags of chips.

"Are you my soulmate?" Michael weakly asked.

The boy in front of him whispered back. "I think so."

Michael wasted no time and filled the remaining space between them and pulled the boy into his arms. He felt his soulmate tightly squeeze him, rubbing his back softly.

"You scared me so much, I though you were seriously hurt," Michael couldn't help the tears that pricked his eyes and threatened to spill over. "And I just had to sit there while you were in pain—I just kept thinking about how I was supposed to be there."

The boy shook his head and held Michael's face with the hand that lacked a cast. "Don't say that. You're here now, and I'm fine, I'm okay.

"You're my soulmate." Michael said with such adoration in his eyes as he held his grip on the boy.

"Call me Luke."

Michael smiled and rested his forehead against Luke's.

"I'm Michael." Luke smiled and held his casted arm between their two bodies.

It might have been too soon for a kiss on the lips, even though they were destined to be together. Which is why Michael settled on pressing his lips to Luke's forehead for a few seconds, he needed to show his love somehow.

Maybe there would be a couple less bro nights for Michael and Calum. Maybe Michael would be spending more nights with the love of his life. Maybe Calum would be completely okay with that.

— • — • — • —

i love soulmate aus who's with me

don't forget to vote and comment