Chapter 14: Trouble Afoot

Bogart's ships breached land and his army began charging for the castle, fairies armed in swords, crossbows and spears cried out as they mindlessly obeyed their new king. Bogart and his new squire, Nico brought up the rear of the attack, flying swiftly.

A scout dragon witnessed the army nearing and roared to warn the others. Loralie looked up from the cheery conversation within the castle, "Something's coming." She said worriedly. "We're under attack!" She cried out. Loralie ran out of the lounge and raced for the main terrace, Anela, Cris and Silver ran after her. "What do you mean? What's going on?" Anela asked. "Look!" Loralie said pointing to the oncoming threat. "We have to warn Queen Ember!" Anela shouted. "No!" Loralie protested. "Why?" Silver asked. "Because she's me, I'm Ember!" Loralie said. Loralie clamped her hands over her mouth, "What?!" Silver, Anela and Cris said in unison. "I tell you later, there's no time now!" Loralie said.

Loralie ran up to an enormous horn and blew into it, creating a deep, hollow sound. Suddenly, hundreds of dragons flew out overhead. Soräine and Twilitha came out of the castle, "What's happening?" Soräine asked. "We're under siege." Silver replied. Loralie whistled and five dragons leaped onto the terrace, "Claw, Ula, Myra, Stryker, Blaine! We need transport to the front lines!" Loralie commanded. The dragons nodded and crouched, preparing to be mounted. Once everyone had taken a dragon, they all flew off for the front lines.

"Kill whom ever you wish, but I need princess Anela alive." Bogart intsructed. "Sir! I see the princess!" Nico called. "In fact, I see two of her." He said confused. "That's Impossible!" Bogart said. He continued to observe Loralie, he saw that she seemed to be in control of the dragons, "She must be this island's queen. Get her too, she could be worth something." Bogart demanded. "Yes sir." Nico replied, charging at the girls with four soldiers behind him. The men flew over to Stryker and Blaine, who carried Hugon's daughters. Although Loralie and Anela had dragons at hand, they were not expecting to be jumped, the small team of fairies surrounded the girls. One fairy used his shield to shove Loralie off the back of Stryker and two more caught her in a large net, the remaining two soldiers cut into Blaine, causing her to fall out of the sky. Then they grabbed Anela by her arms and carried the twins back to the ships.

In all the commotion, Anela's friends hadn't noticed her and her sister had been kidnapped.

When the dust settled and the fairy arny had retreated, Silver looked over their battlefield: a few trees had been knocked down, small fires were blazing among the forest, corpses of fallen fairies and dragon kin, lay limp over the land. Something caught Silver's eye, a wounded Blaine burried in the brush. "Anela!" Silver cried, flying down at the speed of light. He searched for Anela in the areas near to Blaine, only to come up empty handed. "Loralie's gone too." Cris said as her and Ula landed aside Silver. "What do you mean? They're both gone?" Silver asked. "Mhm. They disappeared during the battle." Cris said concerned. "He must've taken them!" Silver said. "Who he? That ponce of a king?" Cris asked. Silver chuckled, "Be that as it may, he's kidnapped Anela and Loralie. I just know it." Silver said. Cris looked furious, her blood boiled through her veins. "Cris, are you okay?" Soräine asked. "No! He's taken her!" Cris shouted. "Why are you so concerned?" Soräine asked. "Because I love her." Cris said. "Who? Loralie?" Silver asked. "No, Anela!" Cris snapped.

Silver looked at Cris confused, "You love Anela?" He asked. "Yes, yes I do." Cris said. "Or I did. I'm not sure." Cris went onto explain how she and Anela had met, how Anela told her that they were trying to save her 'friend', then how Anela nearly died and how they'd kissed. Silver looked down, "If I didn't owe you the lives of Anela and I, I'd be pummeling you until you could barely breathe." He muttered angrily. "I understand that, just don't be upset with Nel, she's only ever wanted you." Cris explained. "Right now, we have to focus on the important matter. Loralie and Anela have been captured, we're the only ones who can get them back." Soräine interjected. "Yes!" Agreed Silver. "Who knows what Bogart's got planned for them." Cris said cringing.

The remainder of the group armed themselves with their weapons and made their way to the shimmering she-devil. "Seems as though the winds are on our side." Cris said, observing a storm not far off in the distance. "To Uto!" Soräine called.