Chapter 3: Watched Captain

The sun set over the cool, gentle, rolling waves and Soräine , Twilitha, Silver and Anela were about to tuck in for the night. Cris nodded as each one vanished beneath the deck, the cool misty air caressed her face with a cruel intention. Cris sighed, she thought of Anela's lips, something long lost to her. She missed the way her face grew warm when she came near, alas, Anela's heart strayed from her and clung to the love of the dark, wounded fairy. Cris pounded her fist into the wheel, "I don't know why I care so much, I have had many a woman, she is no different." She said to herself, if not to purely say out loud, then to convince her that she was no longer intoxicated by Anela's regal beauty.

Cris howled, for a moment of freedom and recklessness. The sound echoed over the sea one hundred fold, making the enriched blueness less lonely. Her vanilla hair whipped around her pale face, and her oceanic blue eyes sparkled like pearls in the moonlight. A feeling arose out of her inner flight, she felt watched, observed, like an animal in a cage. A shrill shiver crawled and leeched up her spine, as if a hollowed ghost was stroking her back in romantic embrace.

Cris closed her eyes and the image of two silver crystal eyes, flashed through her mind. The sweet yet sinister smirk of her observer was frightening, but at the same time, it was intriguing: she needed more, her desire fueled her to envision more. Her playful audience gave her the vision of their hair, long shining; red near the root the progressively lighter as it trailed down their shoulders, turning a firey yellow. The vision turned themself away, and Cris blinked back her lonely sea.

Cris became oblivious to the no longer sought light of the new day, until it shone into her oceanic eyes. Cris' friends came on deck; greeting her with a warm salutation. She returned their friendly greeting, before ducking into her cabin until her next turn to sail. Cris sat on her bed, she unlaced her boots, undressed herself and slipped on her night clothes. Cris closed the shades in her windows, lit the candle stick and tucked in to her cozy bed.

Cris tossed, in her mind were the visions of the mystery watcher. She tossed, the watcher showed her again, the flames of their smooth hair, it burning in the blackness around them. She tossed, seeing the well sculpted curves of her body, thin purple silk, barley wrapped around her. Cris tossed, the watcher gave her lips, moistening them with her delicate, pink tongue. Cris tossed, her eyes, a shining grey, stormy glow. 'How curious.' Cris thought, 'So many visions, yet none of her entire face.' Cris tossed, 'What do you wish to know?' The watcher asked. 'What are you hiding, Watcher?' Cris asked her. 'I am hiding me.' She said. Cris tossed, the image in her mind showed her whole body, a thin shadow covering her nose and mouth. A black twisted crown sit upon her head, two large prongs seemed to be higher than the rest, but no such beautiful creature has horns. 'Why hide?' Cris asked. 'You'll soon see.' The Watcher said. Cris shot up out of bed, sweat dripping from her forehead. The sound of the Watcher whispering: 'Goodnight.' Echoed through her mind.