Chapter 1: The Baby

All eyes rested on the future king and queen of Uto, Silver's eyes flamed in rage at his former master. Anela's panick bubbled to the surface and in a reflex of fear, Princess Anela fled the scene. Anela ran and ran until her legs eventually carried her to Fraughna's cottage. She knocked on the door, Fraughna opened it just a crack. "Fraughna, I need a place to hide." Anela said. "Of course, come in child." Fraughna replied.

Anela sat down at Fraughna's enormous round table at the center of the room, and Fraughna disappeared into the kitchen to get Anela some tea. On the surface of the table was an unusual map that Anela didn't recognize and a colourful drawing of two small, fire haired baby girls. Anela picked up the drawing: in the picture one baby had fusia coloured butterfly wings and was wrapped in a pink blanket embroidered with the name 'Anela', the other had idigo wings of many textures and panels and was bundled in a purple blanket embroidered the name 'Loralie'. "Um, Fraughna? What's this?" Anela asked. Fraughna popped her head out of the kitchen. "That's me right there, but who is this one? Loralie?" Anela said. Fraughna chuckled uncomfortably. "I thought I put that away." She said attempting to grab the picture. Anela dodged Fraughna's attempt. "No, tell me who this is Fraughna." She said a hint of anger in her voice. "Alright, alright, fine. I'll tell you." Fraughna said sitting down across from Anela.

"Once in a kingdom called Uto..." Fraughna began. "There lived a great king and his queen. The queen was with-child and was about to go into labor, and when she did, two perfect baby girls were born." She said. "The first had beautiful butterfly like wings and was given the name Anela. As for the other, she had the most exquisite wings, known to fairy kind and was given the name Loralie. The king held his new baby girls in his arms, he looked to his queen with a beaming smile, only to see that the queen had died." Fraughna said. Anela's eyes filled with tears. "The king looked down at his younger daughter, with rage that could cut through a mountain. He put Loralie in the arms of Tig's father and told him to take Loralie far away, to the land of dragons: The Ember Isle." Fraughna said. "You see Anela, your mother died while giving birth to Loralie, so your father blamed her, and sent her away.

Anela wiped away her tears. "I have to go find her!" She said. "And we're going with you!" Cris said, halfway through the door. Silver entered behind her, "You didn't really think we were going to let you go alone." He said hugging Anela. Anela smiled and gave him a small kiss on the cheek, "Thank you, you are all very good friends."