Chapter 11: Loralie Tailyn Emberstone

Anela looked at the girl curiously, "Loralie?" She asked. "Yeah, and who are you?" She asked again. "Oh, I'm Anela." Anela replied. "You're Anela?" Loralie asked. "Like my sister Anela?" Anela was shocked, "You know who I am? How?" She asked. "Because of this." Loralie said, showing Anela her necklace. "I've been watching you for a while, please don't say that's creepy." Loralie told her.

Loralie stood up, she would've been as tall as her twin if Anela had been barefoot as well. She walked out of the shadows, Anela could now see her dragon wings and horns, she put a hand on Loralie's shoulder, "Hello, I am Anela Elizabeth Foretuck, age 17." She said. "Hi, my name is Loralie Tailyn Emberstone, age 17." Loralie replied. "Tailyn?" Anela asked. "My father told me it was my mom's name." Loralie explained. Anela looked puzzled, "No, our mother's name was Brisinga." Anela said. "Oh, he didn't mean my birth mother, my parents were dragons." Loralie said laughing slightly.

Anela laughed sheepishly, "Do you want to learn anything about our parents?" She asked. Loralie's face turned sour, "Nothing about Hugon, okay?" She said sternly. "It's his fault." Loralie said. Anela looked at her confused. "When Hugon sent me away, his own daughter mind you, I never got to grow up with my birth family: I never got to play with you, or tug at 'daddy's' shirt, I never got to be a fairy. But, that wasn't so bad: I was taken in by the sweetest of dragons, I had a wonderful childhood, but... have you ever seen my real wings, Anela?" Loralie asked. Anela showed her the painting of them as babies. "Huh, that doesn't even begin to describe them." She said.

"When I was about 7, I was peacefully sleeping when all of a sudden I had a sharp pain in my head and back. It was agonizing, two dark horns grew out of my skull and these wings you see before you, burst through almost instantaneously and tore my beautiful, delicate, iridescent wings to shreds." Loralie explained, getting so worked up that she began to cry. "If I'm to be honest, I wished for death: the pain was so vast, I wished for death. It was the island, the fire, the mystical energy of the environment that destroyed my fairy wings, no child should have to go through that. But, I never blamed my parents, or even the island: it was his fault, my 'beloved' father." Loralie said and colapsed to her knees crying. Anela crouched down and held Loralie close, even after all this time, Anela had never remotely resented her father until seeing what he'd done so his own child.

"Come back to the castle with me, my friends and I can take care of you." Anela said. Loralie didn't answer, so Anela flagged down Silver. "I found her." Anela said. "We need to get her out of here." She instructed. Anela sat on Claw and Silver carried Loralie over and put her in Anela's arms. Silver mounted the dragon and the three of them flew off.