i rubbed the back of my hand across my forehead, feeling the sweat building up.

"anyways, he said. "so i need you to watch him until everybody leave. i don't want him around the house while we do what we about tuh' do."

"but... i-i can't." i spoke in a hushed voice.

"well, guess what? i don't care, nor did i ask if you could or not. i told you to watch him. " he countered in annoyance.

he huffed and fixed his north face jacket, rolling his eyes yet again. "i'll be back for him later."

"bye nicky!" bj shouted from the couch, waving at him.

nick cut a look at bj. "i told you, i don't like that nickname." he said through gritted teeth. "but bye." he gave a lazy wave back and closed the door, leaving me standing dumbfounded, with a child on the couch.

great. now i have to stay down here and watch him. unless....

i had an idea and i began to walk up the steps. "i'll b-be right back, bj." i said. 

i heard him say 'okay' and i walked up the stairs and knocked on luna's door. she opened it after a few seconds. "yes?"

"nick left bj here." i rolled my eyes. "he's downstairs if you want--"

"oooh!" she squealed. "my little bj is here! here, i'll watch him, you can go to your room or whatever. she grabbed her phone and went downstairs, where i faintly heard bj shout in excitement when luna came down.

i sighed a breath of relief and chuckled. "thank the Lord." i said under my breath.

i dragged my feet to my room and closed the door, sighing again. i slipped off my socks and slipped into a comfortable hoodie and some shorts and snuggled in my bed.

grabbing my phone off of my nightstand, i unlocked it, clicking on netflix.

as i waited for the selections to pop up, i thought of nick just randomly showing up at my door, watching me to watch his little brother while he goes out with his friends. of all people, why did he choose me? he doesn't like me, and i don't like him.

he probably asked because you were literally across the street from his house, my own thoughts contradicting me.

i recalled how my stomach did back handsprings when i realized it was nick at my door. i remembered feeling hot all over my body when i took his appearance, which always seemed to be on point, no matter what he sported. the aura he exuded was just enough to make my knees go weak.

 i fanned myself with my hand as i felt myself getting hot again. all this thinking about him had to stop.

sometimes, i wondered what it was like to hang out with nick. sometimes, i wanted to be able to be in his presence without him snapping at me, or getting annoyed with me or saying disrespectful or unnecessary things to me. a part of me even dared to imagine what it'd be like embraced in a hug from him, even if it was meaningless, half-assed one.

i sighed again in despondency. i already knew very much that that was never going to happen. i was too shy and socially unable to speak to him, or anyone, and he's just never liked me.

i laid in my bed, and drowned my sorrows in the irreverent show that i was watching.

nick

i held the steering wheel in one hand and held my phone in my other, looking back and forth between the screen and the road.

i was on my way to pick up alycia so we could head back to my crib and hang out with my niggas and some of they girlfriends. i might even get a quick fuck in if chances favored.

after about two more minutes i pulled up to her crib and i texted her, telling her to come outside.

i looked back out her messages and saw that she read the text but didn't respond. it annoyed me that she didn't respond, but i let it slide when i saw movement from her door. she closed the door carefully and locked it with her key and ran to the car and got inside.

"whew! it's cold a bitch out here." she complained fixing her coat. then she turned to me and smiled. "hey baby." 

i smirked at her. "wassup." i gently grabbed her chin and pulled her face close to mine, placing a peck on her lips.

"ard, let's go. the gang prolly there already." she nodded her head and ran her hands through my dreads, something that she knew i liked.

i started the engine back up again and pulled away from her house, and took the highway to go back to mine.

ten more minutes passed and we reached my crib, and i put my car in park and cut the engine off.

"oh and nick, remember i gotta be home before 11. that's when my mom get back." alycia informed me.

i nodded my head, "yeah i gotchu."

 we both took our seatbelts off and got out the car, alycia greeted by her friends. rhoshima, was her name. the giggled annoyingly about something and went inside the house. as i slammed my door shut, i heard something clatter on the ground and i looked around to see what it was, feeling alert.

i looked and my eyes found themselves looking across the street to see that shy, annoying ass nigga isaiah picking up some trash that fell out of the large black trash bag he was carrying. his movements seemed frantic and scrambled, like he was scared to be outside or something.

i watched him pick up the various pieces of trash that was scattered across the driveway. i rolled my eyes. how the fuck you drop a trash bag? can't be that heavy.

my eyes then gazed briefly at his ass since it was up in the air because he was bending down. i watched as it moved ever so slightly when he was moving to pick the stuff up. you would think i wouldn't be able to notice movement that subliminal from all the way over here, but i did.

i noticed everything.

i noticed how nervous and scared he would get whenever i got near him, or how he stuttered when talked to me, and how his body language completely shifted in my presence. i lowkey enjoyed it, but he highkey blew the shit out of me.

i shook myself out of my staring at him, particularly his ass and went back inside with a scowl on my face.

only ass i should be, and wanted to, stare at was inside.

__________________________________

yethh! i finally finished this chapter! 

[excuse any mistakes and/or errors.]

i already told y'all before that it takes me a while to update because i want to write a whole chapter with at least a two thousands words before i publish it, b/c i want to try to put my best foot forward :)

anyways, i want y'all to tell me how y'all feel about this chapter.

i was even feeling bold and added nick's perspective! how you feel about that? want more? or want less?

i'm quite satisfied with this chapter and i can't wait to write all the real juicy stuff ;)

please continue to COMMENT! vote! let people know this story/ship exists!

vi💜