Chapter 31

Ryder's POV:

"When is the weekend gonna come?" Livy whines as Will and her walk towards us.

"2 more days Liv." Lexi replies.

"Hey what do you guys think about spending the weekend at a beach house? My aunt is gone out of country for a month and she said I could bring guests and visit anytime." I suggest.

It could be a great way to get our mind off of things and just relax for a bit.

"That is the most amazing news I've heard all week!" Livy says dramatically and hugs me.

"So are you guys in?" I ask Will and Lexi.

"Definitely." Will says and Lexi nods.

"Great. So I'll just go find James and tell him. Catch up with you later."

I call out to James when I see him coming out of a classroom.

"James, are you free this weekend?"

"Yeah. Any plans?"

"Everyone going to my aunt's beach house. You're in right?"

"Sure."

"You're going to a lodge? That'll be so fun! I'll be there honey!" Lucy appears out of nowhere and joins in on our conversation.

"Um Lucy it's just for close friends."

"Oh my gosh. You think I'm one of the closest people, that's so sweet!" She says cheerfully and hugs me.

I mouth James to help me and he just gives me a thumbs up and leaves chuckling.

What great friends I've got!

^~^

I open the door and switch on the lights of my house. Looks like no one's home.

I go into the kitchen and chug some water and grab a snack bar.

I go into my room and sit on the bed, eating my snack bar and scrolling through my phone.

From the corner of my eye, my gaze falls on my black guitar, sitting untouched near the desk.

I walk over to it slowly and pick it up. The last time I remember playing this was 2 years ago.

As soon as my hand finds the strings they start moving automatically like it's a natural instinct.

"Help me, it's like the walls are caving in." I begin singing along with the rythmn.

"Sometimes I feel like giving up, no medicine is strong enough."

"Someone help me. I'm crawling in my skin. Sometimes I feel like giving up but I just can't. It isn't in my blood." I finish off.

I missed the feel of these strings on my fingers. I missed playing the different chords. I missed playing.

Then suddenly I hear the light sound of clapping. I look up to see Livy leaning on the edge of the door.

"I didn't know you played." She says, smiling.

"Did you hear all that?" I ask keeping the guitar back near the desk.

"Yeah and it was amazing." She gushes.

"So how come you're here?" I ask sitting back on my bed.

"Well you asked me to drop these History notes and the door was open." She says handing me the papers.

"Thanks."

"So, why haven't you told anyone you play?"

"Well I don't anymore. I just picked it up today." I shrug.

"Aw that's too bad, you were amazing." She smiles, not prying about why I don't play anymore.

"Thank you for not asking." I give her a smile and a nod and she returns it.

"So it's going to be just us 5 at the lodge right?" She asks.

"Um actually no. There's one more person who's coming." I say sheepishly.

"Well who is it then?"

I sigh. "It's Lucy."

"What? Lucy as in the clingy annoying girl you don't like?" She exclaims, standing up.

"Yup. The one and only." I sigh again, sitting on the bed.

"Why is she coming Ry?" Livy asks sitting back down.

"Well remember when I said I was going to tell James about our plans? Well while I was telling him I think she overhead and then invited herself."

"Well why didn't you say something?"

"I told it her it was just for close friends but then she became all happy that I considered her as one of my close friends."

Livy just chuckles.

"So anyways, what's going on with you and Will?" I ask, smirking.

"What do you mean?" She asks confused.

"Nothing. You'll realize it soon." I say chuckling.