✰sᴏɴ ᴏғ ʜɪs✰

"That's your son?" Dutch asked Arthur who just nods answering John's own thoughts, his son?

Since when did Arthur fuckin Morgan had a son, who knew about this? John pushed past people wanting a closer look, the boy was hiding his face away all the talking must've scared him..

"Don't start saying sorry for your lost..his mother had died..at leas let the boy grieve in peace." Arthur interjected over the loud talking.

Seriously? Is all John could think of, the mother of this child died and Arthur thinks this is the place to bring a boy.

John wasn't no expert..and he was glad he didn't have a child of his own, he can hardly take care of himself and seeing how far Arthur kept his son hidden away from the gang gave him questions he wanted answered..

"You have our word Son." Dutch says, while glancing at the kid who held onto Arthur tightly the boy was shaking as if he was cold.

"He's cold, somebody go get the boy a blanket." Dutch orders, Susan had already gotten one giving Arthur a red wool blanket.

John couldn't believe his eyes, Arthur carried that boy like a baby who woulda thought that Morgan would be so good with kids. He watched as Arthur puts the blanket over him.

"Now everyone, give this child some space for cryin out loud. He needs to breathe."

Everyone walked off into different directions listening to the old mans order, some looking back at the child in Arthur's arms. "Son, when your ready come talk to me."

Arthur nods, sitting down on a log by the fire wanting to keep his son warm as possible, Hosea gives him a soft smile before leaving to go talk with Dutch his guess is to speak about Isaac.

John was the only one left, he couldn't really find words to say..he couldn't say sorry to the man having to keep the word as Dutch said.

This was all weird and new to him, like he was seeing a different person come into camp.

"Marston?" Arthur called him out, seeing that the younger man was staring off into space. John shook his head looking at Arthur.

"Sorry, I jus..last night you left it was just to see him?" 

Arthur could only nod when he felt his son snuggle more closer to him for warmth and comfort.

"I can't believe you had a kid for so long, without telling anyone.."

"I had no reason to bring him into this gang John." Arthur says as he looked down at his son.

Isaac shifted enough for the blanket to move and show his face, John could see how small and fragile the boy was almost reminding him of himself when he was that age.

Arthur watched as Isaacs eyes flutter open to look up at him. "..Pa? is mama up in heaven?"

He nodded, and smiled down at Isaac, "Course she is." Isaac smiles back then looked over to John not knowing who the man was. "Hello.."

"Hi." John greets, he could see how much the boy resembled to Arthur especially with the eyes. "My names Isaac..what's yours?"

So that's his name? Isaac..

John could've sworn he heard that name slip outta Morgan's mouth long ago but he really couldn't be sure. "Welcome to the gang Isaac, you can call me John."

Isaac giggles suddenly,

"What's funny?" Arthur asked his son when he realize the boy couldn't stop laughing, he was actually happy that Isaac was smiling and not crying after what had happened..

"..I was reading a book with your name in it." Isaac answers after he had finally stopped laughing and took in a breath.

"S'that so?" John mumbles, realizing how much Isaac was like Arthur.

"Yeah! His name was Johnny, and he was a rich rancher." Isaac says happily remembering every last word inside that book his mother had given him, but sadly he had left it behind.

"Well you can call him Johnny he wouldn't mind." Arthur says looking up at John and giving him a look, John knew to go with it even though he hated when people called him that.

But the kid went through hell so he'd let it slide for him.

"You hungry Isaac?" Arthur asked his son, who nodded eagerly just as his stomach growled.

This boy has a lot to learn from this gang..

Word count 740