✞"ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ʏᴏᴜ"✞

John woke up with a groan he'd been sleeping all day listening to the people outside his closed tent, he stood up putting on his hat and boots he'd hope Arthur had gone out like he usually had done for the past 2 days

He knew Arthur was avoiding him because he did the same and none of them tried to push themselves to the other, he doesn't know why Arthur had leaned in that night all day and night he'd been thinking that it wasn't like him to do that.

Did something happened?

Was Arthur drunk?

John shook his head at that one..he wasn't drunk he was fully aware of his actions, they weren't drunk they wanted to do that. His brain hurts at all this constant thinking he stood up pushing open the tent flaps.

And there he was. Morgan himself by the campfire Hosea had made over a week ago they hadn't planned to stay here for long Dutch always talked about moving more to the west where cowboys supposedly belong.

He took a few steps back retreating back to his tent he's sure Arthur would just get and bring Mary over like he usually did..

'Wait Mary' He thought to himself, why would Arthur had leaned in to kiss him if he was with the women of his dreams?

Unless he wasn't with her..

He facepalmed himself coming to realization, "Godamnit..you idiot, of course." They aren't together cause if they were she would have been here for the past few days. He finally started to notice he'd been backing up causing him to trip over some big rock.

But he hadn't fallen somebody had caught him before he could even hit the ground, when he looked up to see who it was he came face to face with bright blue eyes.

Of course it was Arthur Morgan that had rescued him, he always had..

"You alright there Mr clumsy?"

John nods ignoring the remark Arthur had made, "Sure..thank you."

"What were you doin standing around some tree last night?" Arthur questioned.

He froze..that was one of the things he wished Arthur didn't ask about in honesty he was there to clear his mind from the way the older man had touched him the other night he couldn't tell him that though.

"Marston?" Arthur called out to him when he got no answer from the younger man.

"I-I was watching the stars.."

One thing everyone knows about him is that he's a horrible liar he couldn't lie if he tried, only if it was serious, not that this isn't. But Arthur's presence alone got his blood running cold.

"Yer a terrible liar Johnny." Arthur tsk moving closer causing him to back up. "..I ain't lying."

'Why even try? Arthur isn't stupid.' He backed up some more causing him to hit his back against a tree, he gnawed at his bottom lip nervously watching Arthur approach him closer.

John flushed when Arthur practically had him trapped against the tree, he had the nerve to look around wondering if Hosea and Dutch were walking about which to his surprise they weren't not even Susan was to be found.