✞ ᴀ ᴊᴏʙ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ.✞

The next time John stirred the sun had risen he groaned sitting up he looked down at his wrist expecting to see the time but he doesn't have his watch on him. He had sneaked his way back to his own tent a while ago.

John fixed his hair and used pomade to slick his hair down knowing if he'd walk out this tent a mess Dutch and Hosea would wonder what had happened to him last night.

He noticed how Dutch was up cleaning his horses saddle when he walked over the man looked up at him, not only that he really looked at him John had no idea why. "Why the strange look Dutch?"

"What do you mean son." Dutch brows furrowed as he pointed to his legs causing John to look down at them. "Your limping, what happened?"

John's eyes widened realizing the answer to that, "Oh..I tripped last night."

Dutch just laughs with a nod, "Yeah, I'm sure a fall did that to you." He went back to scrubbing the horses saddle laughing lowly to himself.

"I can reassure you that I jus tripped.."

Dutch glances but didn't bother taking a actual look, "Okay..well go check if Arthur's up, I have some news for the both of you."

John nods walking off to Arthur's tent he even tried to fix the way he was walking, how is it he didn't notice himself limping around camp?

When he finally got to Arthur's tent he went to open up the flap but he stopped himself knowing that the outlaw wouldn't be all that excited to see him. "Hey, Arthur you up?"

Arthur was sitting on his cot writing in his journal when he heard John's voice. "I'm up."

"Good, Dutch needs to speak with us."

Arthur continued to write in his journal ranting on about the things he'd done and the things he would do once everything started getting normal if there ever is a normal life.

John waited patiently for Arthur to come out, arms crossed against his chest as he taps his foot onto the ground. Shuffling can also be heard inside the tent, soon Arthur came out with his gamblers hat on and some regular rusty outfit.

"Took you long enough." John says as they both started to head over to Dutch's tent.

"Shut up."

When they reached Dutch's tent Hosea was also there sitting on the mans bed.

"Something wrong?" Arthur questions, usually when Hosea and Dutch are together talking about things other than their it meant they had some important news.

He wondered if it was about that place Hosea talked about robbing..

"You two boys been stuck in this camp for quite a while, how bout you two go off into the wild." Dutch started, he picked up a rifle that stood by his chair and handed it over to Arthur who took it with appreciation.

"Hosea found this big moose a while ago, I want you both to go and find it, kill it and bring it to us."

Hosea hummed with a nod while John's brows rose hearing all of this from Dutch.

"How the hell are we goin to catch some wild Moose?" Arthur asked Dutch. "Yeah.." John cuts in sounding just as confused and shocked as Arthur.

"Easy, locate it and shoot it..your a good shooter Arthur and I'm sure it didn't gone that far." Dutch answers flatly.

John scowls to himself quietly,

"Let this be a lesson boys." Hosea says standing up, instead of Arthur saying something else he just grabs ahold of John's wrist. "Les jus go Marston."

John pulled away from Arthur walking over to the hitched horses, "We ain't good at hunting.."

"I know." Arthur sighs as he stops to unhitch his horse John did the same with his Tennessee Walker. "Jus show em we got this."

"Even if we don't?" John questions, they aren't good when it comes to hunting things even if they are together none of them had good experiences with hunting down big animals.

Arthur turned to look at John, "We got this John."