✖ᴅᴀᴍɴ ᴍᴏᴏsᴇ✖

Arthur and John rode around for what seems like hours searching for some random moose they couldn't even find. Arthur focused the hardest as John talked about the large animal not being there.

"I'm telling you Arthur there isn't a damn moose around here.." John says with a long frustrated groan.

"Will you be quiet, I think I hear something." Arthur warns the younger man as he got off his horse and listened carefully to his surroundings.

The sound of leaves and branches crunching could be heard causing John to immediately take out his rifle and aim at the direction of the sound. His horse snickered blinking slowly.

John got down his horse hitching her to some tree Arthur done the same with his horse. "You follow me John."

And he did without saying another word he walked behind Arthur as they both sneaked over to the sound of the noise A
Iikneeling, while gripping onto their rifles.

They both heard another branch snapping, Arthur stopped but John kept going wanting to see what was making all that noise by these trees. "Marston." Arthur called out quietly.

John looked back seeing Arthur but he still didn't bother to stop he continued to walk quickly yet quietly towards the loud noise.

"Nothings here.." John murmured loud enough for Arthur to hear, he noticed how there wasn't anything out here besides lots of deers and small rodents.

John was positive that those two men back at camp lied about a moose being around here. Wouldn't Arthur and him already seen it by now?

Arthur glared at John moving faster behind him, that's the only issue with the younger man he's always impatient wanting work to get done faster. But he never actually took his time to see things the right way..

"John, slow down." Arthur warned as he stood back up John finally listened stopping in his tracks seeing that there was a dead end a large mountain stood right in front of his eyes.

John sat down by the mountain apparently giving up the search, there was no way they were going to catch this big animal. Arthur came over sitting down beside him placing his rifle down.

"Thought you said we got this Arthur."

"Shut up.." Arthur grumbled meeting John's eyes they were both exhausted and tired from all of this, John dug into his satchel taking out a silver watch it was seeing that it was the afternoon they've been searching for hours.

"Guess I owe you that dollar." Arthur laughs lowly remembering the bet John and him had made earlier.

John laughs hoarsely, nodding. "I suppose you do."

Arthur took out a bottle of whiskey opening the lid and taking a long sip, "Want some?" He held the drink out for John.

"Sure." John mumbles taking the bottle from the man he immediately brought it up to his lips drinking up the rest of the whiskey.

They both sat there talking about stuff that didn't relate to the Moose they were suppose to be hunting down, Arthur took out his journal from his satchel he was glad he decided to bring it with him.

John glanced at the journal Arthur never liked when someone looked at what he was writing or drawing, there were only a few times when the man let the world see his art..

"Dutch and Hosea won't be happy bout this." John says as Arthur started to draw his surroundings.

"I'm sure they'll understand why we didn't find it."

John hummed approvingly pressing his lip together, "Yeah.."

—————

"..Whatever happened to you and Mary?" John asked the outlaw, he rubbed the back of his neck nervously this was the most sensitive topic he's ever asked the man.

Arthur took in a sharp breath, "She don't want to marry me." He answers as he continued to draw. "..Guess she wasn't the one."

John looks at Arthur frowning he had the looks and he was always kind to a women John was sure it wouldn't take long for Arthur to fall in love again.

"Sorry that I asked.."