eleven

"Alright, I think we've waited for long enough," Sam said when two and a half hours had passed. We'd been in his room the entire time, talking about anything and planning our prank.

"Hell yes," Kat said, and we turned on the lamps and filled the entire room with smoke.

"I can barely see," I chuckled.

"Take this camera, you guys," Sam said and gave us a camera. "I've set up one in the hallway upstairs and one facing the kitchen too. I believe they're still in the garage so let me go make this more believable."

"Wait, this is Colby's camera," I chuckled. "He's going to be so mad."

"But only temporarily," Sam grinned. "And he's pulled worse pranks on me. Anyways, got to go."

Kat turned on the smoke alarm noise and Sam ran downstairs, screaming as he did.

"Guys! Guys, there's a fire in my room!" he screamed throughout the house. "Come on, we need to go outside!"

I heard frantic voices downstairs and Kat and I moved the smoke machine so it would go through the door. Feet were heard rushing up the stairs.

"Holy shit!" Corey yelled from just outside Sam's bedroom. "What the fuck!"

"Someone call 911! I'm getting Ellie!" Sam screamed as everyone ran downstairs again. We moved the machine towards the window and I peaked out a little. Everyone ran out the front door and looked up. Corey was on the phone.

"Guys I can't find Ellie!" Sam yelled into their driveway.

"What?" Colby shouted, and immediately ran inside the house with Sam. Shortly after, everyone else followed so we moved the machine back to the door, and just as we did, the door swung open.

"El-" Colby wanted to yell, but stopped midway as he realized what was happening. He had been pranked. "Oh my God."

"It's a prank!" Sam yelled from behind him and Colby put his hands over his face.

Everyone else ran into the room. "Oh my God, you guys, I'm on the phone with 911!" Corey said, still on the phone. His face looking shocked. "I am so sorry but my roommate was pulling a prank on me. There is no fire," he said into the phone.

"You can't do that, Sam!" Jake exclaimed and I chuckled as I watched Kat turn off the smoke machine.

"Holy shit, Ellie, I thought you were going to die," Colby sighed frantically. "And with my camera!"

"I'm sorry," I smiled at him, apologetically.

"Dude you would've ran straight into the fire, the way you busted in the door!" Sam said as he pointed the camera at his best friend.

"Well if that meant I'd save Ellie I damn well would've," he spoke, his face straight with a hint of annoyance.

"I feel so guilty," I said as I covered my cheeks with my hands. "I'm so sorry, holy damn."

"It was a good prank," Jake nodded. "I'll give you lot that."

"It looked so real!" Devyn added, looking around the room. "What was that noise?"

"Fire alarm sound through Sam's speaker," Kat grinned.

Sam pointed his camera back at his face and smiled. "So that was a very much succeeded prank on the roommates! Thank you guys for watching, like and subscribe if you haven't already!"

"Merch link in bio," Jake added, jokingly.

"Yes! Merch link in bio guys, I've got some new designs up there, only for a limited time so get them while you can! Anyways, I will see you guys next time!" Sam ended his video and retrieved Colby's camera from Kat.

"Now we open up the window entirely for the smoke," Kat says. "Just so we don't suffocate."

I laughed a little and looked back towards the door, hoping to spot Colby. However, he had already walked downstairs, just like the others. This left me with Sam and Katrina.

"God, I feel awful," I said as I plopped down into Sam's chair.

"He really was about to walk into a fire for you," Kat said as she tried waving the smoke out the window with a book.

"Not helping, Kat," I sighed and closed my eyes. "I don't want him to be mad at me."

"He really cares a lot about you," Sam spoke, and I reopened my eyes. "Take that from someone who's been best friends with this dude for years. Don't worry about it, he knows it was my idea. And I know he's not mad, he knows this is the trap house," Sam let out a chuckle and I smiled.

"So, are you still going to tell me there is nothing going on between you and Colby?" Kat grinned, wiggling her eyebrows.

I laughed. "Kat I have known him for a literal week."

"Okay," she said. "I'm giving up. For now."

I shook my head, slightly giggling and stood up. I walked downstairs and looked around the TV room where everyone was seated, but I failed to spot the one boy I was looking for.

"Hey guys, where is Colby?" I asked.

Jake looked up at me and replied. "He's out for a drive. You guys got him pretty good."

I groaned. "God, what have I done? Did he tell you where he was going?"

"Nah, but don't worry, he'll be back soon. He always is," Jake added with small smile.

I nodded and walked towards the front door, that I opened and sat in front of.

By the time I heard a car roll into the driveway, it was 11 p.m. and to be fair, I was half asleep against the front door.

I watched as Colby parked his car and I stood up, waiting for him to leave the vehicle. After he locked it, he looked my way and my eyes locked with his. I walked towards him and he was quick to embrace me. "God damnit, Elisha."

"I'm sorry, Colbs," I said. I felt horrible, especially seeing he would've risked so much for me if the fire had been real. "I'm so, so sorry."

I heard him sigh. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"I am," I said as he hugged me a little tighter.

"For how long have you been waiting here?" he asked and let go of me, so he could look me in the eyes.

"About two hours," I confessed and he shook his head at me, pulling me back into his chest.

"Please, don't ever do that again. We haven't known each other for very long but you've been taking up a large part of my life, Ellie."

I smiled even though he couldn't see it. "I won't. You're important to me too."