three

I woke up that morning and checked my phone to see I had a couple notifications.

[Messages]
Colby🐨 (3): meet me at sam's around 1, i'm picking you guys up x
also make sure to put on shoes that you don't mind getting dirty
and there might be poison ivy so cover your ankles and such :) x
Ethan (3): Ellie I'm so sorry baby
Baby I didn't mean it
Let me fix this
Unknown (1): Hey Ellie, it's Sam. Colby gave me your number. I'm sending this so you can save mine and you don't think I'm a creep when I message you in the future. :)

[Instagram] colbybrock started following you.

I smiled at some notifications and frowned at the others. I quickly followed Colby back on Instagram and replied to the messages after saving Sam's phone number.

You to Colby🐨: will do colby, i'll meet you there :) x
You to Ethan: oh fuck off will ya
You to Samuel: hey sam! i saved it. see you later! :)

I looked at the clock and it was 12 now, so I hurried out of my bed and took a quick shower. Afterwards, I blow dried my hair and just let it loose, then I applied my make-up. I hurried into my room and pulled on some black skinnies and a white hoodie. I also decided my Doc Martens were perfect for this trip so that is what I went with. I walked down the stairs and quickly ate a sandwich as I shrugged on this black bomber jacket that I had, putting on the scarf that Colby had borrowed the first day as well.

I took my purse and put it's contents into a small backpack, jumped into my car and drove off to Sam's. When I arrived I spotted a car in the driveway that wasn't Sam's parents' and I wasn't surprised to see Sam and Colby already sitting in it. I parked my car across the street and walked over to it, opening the door to the backseat. I assumed this was the car of one of his family members as his was still in Los Angeles.

"Hey guys, thank you for letting me tag along," I greeted them and put on my seat belt.

"Hey Ellie," Sam smiled.

"Hi there," Colby greeted me back too, watching me through the rear-view mirror. "Are you ready to embark on an adventure?" he asked me, smirking.

"Absolutely," I replied, smiling back.

"I got us coffee, I hope everyone likes a caramel macchiato," he said, handing me a cup.

"Thank you so much, I needed this," I snickered, looking at the snow outside.

Sam thanked him as well when he got his. "You're both very welcome," Colby said and backed out of the driveway. He put on a random music station and started driving off. From Sam's house, it took about 20 minutes until we reached our destination. We parked the car a little bit further down the road and walked the rest of the way, up until we approached a 'No trespassing' sign.

"Should I film you guys?" I asked, not really knowing what to do. I watched as Sam took the camera out of his backpack.

"Nope," Sam said, "You're going to be in the video with us."

"Wait, really?" I said. I was not prepared for this. "What do I do?"

"Just be yourself," Colby spoke. "Act the way you would if the camera wasn't there. We'll introduce you. You'll do great."

"Okay," I replied, instantly relaxing hearing Colby's words.

I watched as Sam set up the camera on top of the 'No trespassing' sign, he walked back to stand in the frame and so did Colby, so I walked up to them and just kind of stood there in the middle.

"What's up guys, it's Sam and Colby!", Sam introduced them. "Today we are here with Ellie, who is one of my childhood friends." I quickly waved at the camera and Sam continued. "Some of you might recognize the background because this is behind the abandoned warehouse that we were at with Nate, last time. And seeing Colby and I are back in Kansas, we decided to visit it again. In the snow. Did I mention that it is freezing yet? Because it is. Anyways, let's get on with the video!"