Chapter - 40 (Past 2)

Surya

The game was about to begin and announcements were reminding me that I have to go to ground now. Reluctantly I reached ground. We won the toss and choosed to feild.
'St. George School versus SriRam School'
Our opposite team was really a tough one. We tried our best to restrict the runs, our feilders were on their toes and bowlers did a good job, still they scored 250 runs for 20 overs and 5 wickets.

When we are in dressing room, I asked one of my friends, about Anu. He asked his girlfriend and she asked, her other friends.....And finally, through one of girls near by her home gave the info that is,

"Anu is sick"

I worried about her. How can she fall sick? Till yesterday's evening she was fine. What happened to her? How is she now?

I am so disappointed and became dull. I want to see her. I felt the unsettlement in my heart.

Our coach sir hurried us to the ground. Though the score was high, it's not an impossible one to chase. We treat it as a battle, since it is about the prestige of our school.

After so many ups and downs,...We Won.

It's a very happy news and everyone appreciated our efforts and congratulated.

I missed Anu, in this glee moment. If she was here, it would have remainined as a perfect day of my life.

Then, I felt a slight pain in my heart. That was discomfort like piercing, a bitter realization was aroused. She might have felt the same, on the other day, when she did something successfully, though it was out of her box. And I ruined that. Regret was seeping through my mind. I want to see her, apologize her, for being such an idiot.

After the prize distribution and partying, I went to home. I called her, immediately. She haven't answered. I tried few more times but got the same result. Sleep was consuming me since I am so exhausted.

It's only after the next day, I woke up. I found my mobile near my pillow and a few notifications were popping out. In them, there were 2 missed calls and a message from Anu, saying, congratulations about yesterday. A curve reached my face, I replied thank you with a good morning.

She replied after 10 minutes. I continued,

"Hw r u nw?"

"Nt bd"

"Tkng tblts?"

"Noo"

"Y?"

"Sd efts"

"K, hw u fell sick?"

"Fd alrgy"

"Hw? Y did u eat dat, aren't ur parents aware abt it?"

"Dey knw, I accidentally drank something outside"

"Wht drink? N 4m whr?"

"Milkshake, 4m brewing love"

"Y did u go?"

"2 gve treat 2 Nandu"

"Nandu as Nandini?"

"No, Nanda Kishore."

"Oh Y?"

"Hmm for the winning of drawing competition. "

"Aren't I d 1 2 celbrte vth u?"

I immediately regretted for sending that msg. It sounds rude. But before I reply something to conceal it,  she send msg,

"Pls, don't get mad, it's accidental n I was not able to say no to him"

Ohh God!

"Hey! I'm jst saying dat I too wanna party. So, quickly get recover, we have to celebrate 2 parties. "

"OK, tnq, c u l, mom came"

"OK, tc, bye. "

That bloody Nandu!? So, he was the reason for Anu's sickness. I immediately felt the need to fight with him. I got up from my bed and did morning chores and got ready within half and hour and went to school. I searched for him and found him in the library staring at the empty chair where Anu used to sit. I can't understand him. Was he too in love with her? But he never proposed or hinted about it (according to Anu's words). Whatever, even if he was in love with her, I don't bother. I won't allow him to be anywhere near to Anu, when he was unable to take care of her.

Since it was library, I cannot shout at him. I asked him to come outside.  He raised his eyebrows in confusion. But, he walked out.

I barge into the sports kit room beside the library and he followed me.

"Why did you take her to coffee? "

I yelled at him.

"To celebrate. "

"or too get revenge on me?"

"you are over thinking "

"and what you are thinking? "

"I am thinking about Anu's heatlh condition. "

"Oh! You will, when you are the reason "

"I am already feeling bad about it. Why the hell she drank that milkshake when she was allergic to it? "

"Now you are blaming Anu, aren't you?  You know how much sensitive she was and how sweet she can be, not able to decline it on your face. So, when you don't know her completely and unable to take care of her, please stay away from her. It's not my request or something, it's a warning. Stay away from her, OK
"

With that I left him there and returned to home. I am not in a mood to attend the classes and I so worried about Nishi.

I stayed in my room and tried to relax but thoughts of Nishi made me restless. She was there in everything I want to think about. Am I so much into her?  I never did really loved anyone this much. She surely occupied my heart so much that it swells when she was hurt. She is so much understanding person with so much patience. We are compatible with each other in the long run. I decided that no matter what, I can and should never leave her. I will never break her heart by leaving her. Because that thought alone is unimaginable to me at now.

But he did. Not onetime. Until she felt that her heart can never have all its pieces together. Because if it were two parts, it might be easy to arrange and needs less glue but if there were so many broken pieces with uneven edges, forget about sticking them together, you might not able to even arrange them.

To be continued.........

           Want to know what happened next.....wait for my next update. If you like the story, vote for me. Comment your opinions