Chapter- 18

Surya's POV

The greeting card of Thank You was beautiful. It was a hand made one may be Anu prepared it, I assume.

Present

"You know Rami, I still had that greeting card." Our conversation was interrupted by a phone call from Kittu. He asked me to come to room immediately since Arjun was searching for me. I waved to Rami and went to our room.

Anu's POV

Now, he came to me, saying sorry. For what? For loving me or for breaking me?

Again I am becoming week. No, Anu you are not allowing him to play with your feelings. Be strong. You crossed enough hurdles. He was a closed chapter to you. Remember how much pain you had when you are with him. Now, it's over. So, don't cry for the same reason again and again. I told myself.

I opened the door thinking he might had left. But, he was there telling our disastrous love story to Rami. I listened to him while leaning towards the door. It was ended by the phone call and now he left. Rami came to me asked me whether I was okay or not. I sighed in grief. She asked to stay in the camp since just 2 days are remaining. I asked her to leave me alone for some time and I will tell my decision later.

I called Kaira, my psychiatrist. She was the only stress reliever for me since my therapy. She answered my call and asked my where abouts and how I was doing here. I told her my situation. She responded me,
" Listen Anu, I am telling you a mini story. A boy was going to play and his grand father called him. He gave the boy a cactus branch and asked "Kid, I have some important work outside so I am going. Please watch over this until I return." The boy promised and so he left. The boy hold it for a long time. The spines were hurting him. Even, his hands were paining for holding it that much long time, but he didn't want to give up since he promised his grand father. After sometime, his grand father returned and was afraid to see the boy in that state. He scolded the boy for holding that. Then the boy said, " Why are you scolding me, I did as you said". Then his grand father replied, " I asked you to watch over but not to hold it". The story was ended like this. So, Anu what have you understand from this?? "

Anu: I thought for sometime then I realized the inner meaning of the story, I replied her " That boy was me, grand father was god. He handed over me my career as a work, while giving Surya as cactus. So, I should stop holding the cactus and do my work."

Kaira: Yes, Just because you are given the painful past, doesn't mean you should hold and sulk about it. You should watch over it to learn from it and then let it go. That's what I want to tell you. So, are you free now from all your insecurities and pain?!

Anu: Almost Kai, but what I have to do with Arjun? He was not like his brother, he was innocent and now suffering may be because of me, how can I face him tomorrow?

Kaira: What is your opinion about him, like what was him to you in your life and what you are expecting him to do?

Anu: He was a good friend of mine. I want him the same in my rest of life. But, I think it will be difficult for us now.

Kaira: Why are you thinking like that?

Anu: The situations were like that and also he proposed me.

Kaira: So why don't you accept him!?

Anu: How can I accept him? he was brother of Surya and and ....( I stammered not knowing what to answer)

Kaira: Why are you stammering? Is that because, having still feelings for Surya or having no other reasons to reject Arjun ?

Want to know what happened next.....wait for my next update. If you like the story, vote for me. Comment your opinions.