Chapter-34 (Past 1)

I hold my head with both of my hands on each side. I think, I am going to have a panic attack now. I am feeling like my head was going to burst in any time soon. I felt suffocated, taking deep breaths but still unable to feel any air. My eyes were moist with tears and my mouth became parched. Suddenly, my body lost all the voluntary control, became paresis.

Nandu's POV

She was panting heavily and soon started lossing consciousness. I was scared to see her like that. I tried to hold her and make her feel comfortable. I brought her oral rehydrating solution and forced her to drink it. I don't want to annoy her so I stopped myself from asking her anymore questions.

She sat silently for sometime with a blank face, thinking. Was she thinking to quit the act now? Or Taking some drastic step? I feared about that. So slowly, I asked her, "What do you want to do now?"
She looked at me once and then returned to her own thoughts. Since, I am not a one to leave her that easily, again I interrupted her, "I am going to leave this act, I know you can do it alone. All the best." I think this worked out, because she tilted her head in a span of seconds, with shock clearly evident in her eyes. I laughed to myself inside but shrugged my shoulders that I'm really leaving it to herself. Her lips twisted downwards showing her sadness and she was nodding her head horizontally showing her disapproval. I wanted to irritate her more,
I said, "What?"

She snapped me, "You cannot do this to me?"
I replied, "Why not?"
She pleaded me, "Please, don't leave me like that, I can't do this alone."
I gave a small smile, "Then what about your Surya?"
She hung her head down, and said, " I don't know."
I sighed, and started my motivational speech, "You have to decide. There will be so many hurdles and choices in future too. You have to make yourself clear, what you want, which will make you happy. You have to deal it alone. You have to drive your vehicle otherwise someone will replace you and take you in wrong directions. Life is always a mess of different roads, you will gonna face so many junctions. Though I can give you the map, but you have to travel it. Now, think for some more time and made up your mind. Don't forget, I will be with you whatever decision you will take. Ohh sorry, it should not be like that, I will be happy with your decision, because I may not with you always. But, if you want anything, don't forget, I will be there for you."

Anu's POV

I went into trance with his words. Then I know, he will gonna be my saviour after Naren. I asked him, "Is it ok if I do it alone, not with you, is it fair?"

He smiled genuinely and said encouragingly, "Everything is fair in love and war. Sometimes, we fight to let it go."

I wonder what was the meaning behind his words. Whatever, I know it's not fair to leave him like that. So, I decided to stand up for myself this time.
I asked Nandu, " Will you be my partner?"
He was surprised. "Are you sure?" he replied.
"I am sure" I replied.
He seemed inconvenienced.
"Please, I am not asking you because I can't handle it but we both prepared it right and some dialogues were purely created by you, and it will look good if we both participate, so accompany me."

He started at me for a second, then nodded his head in agreement. He was trying to say something but, stopped. I asked him what was the matter.
He said, "Listen, if anything happen later, don't frighten, be confident, be on your own instincts, be yourself, rock it, ok?" I showed my thumb up confidently.

We both went to our places, behind the curtains having windows through which we can see the act but others cannot see us. I was really tensed but, I am happy atleast, I am performing now, for the first time. But, deep down, I am fearing, about Surya. Was he really mean that words?

When I'm in my thoughts, I was shaken by somebody, I came out from my world with a jerk to see Naren. He smiled, "All the best alien. Show what you really are, to all the people who were underestimating you".
I thanked him. He talked to me for sometime and relieved my tension.

The act was started. As per our prepared draft, I gave the introduction, about the characters. Then, the scenes of lead characters were played, how they met and understand each other. Then, they fight. Now, it's Nandu's turn. He looked briefly at me and started. Even before he completed his first dialogues, Surya's expressions were changed. This cannot happen. Surya was moving towards the end of the stage. Nandana glared at me. Since she was not on the stage in that scene she came to me furiously and tried to slap. But just in that time, Nandu grabbed her hand and dragged her to a side not before saying, "It's high time Cara mia, take the chance, leave a mark".
With that he went to the backstage along with Nandana. He was trying to put some sense in her brain. Mean while, I took long breaths, to avoid panicking. I had to cover this up, have to deal it alone. Everything gonna be ok. I told myself. I regained my voice, " My dear fellows, the hero was really upset due to the heartbreak, since it was his first time. He was battling himself whether to fight with her or let her go. He was in love with her like crazy and forgot the fact that, "To love without knowing how to love, wounds the person we love." When love cross the limit, it will morph the happiness into sadness. Now our hero, heroines were in this stage and the thing they should remember was they have to fight for each other but not with each other."
I breathed a minute and scanned the surroundings. Surya was rooted in his place at the end of the stage. Our English lecturer came to our spot from his seat. I was afraid because these dialogues were not in our draft. I just used them to cover the act and divert the audience. But, he smiled lightly and waved his hand to continue. I searched for Nandu. He was on the backstage, and grinning widely encouraging me. It's time for Surya's dialogues so I asked him with my eyes to come onto the stage. He came but standed speechless. I determined myself to take a step advance and so, I gave voice to my thoughts, "He was thinking, if he tried to mendle with her, will really the fight over between them or was it a futile attempt. But, love is not about if's and but's, it's about anyways and even though. So he have to talk to her however she responded, apologize her even though it was not his mistake. It's not just him but she also have to accept it that love is not a fairy tale. It's reality that was very difficult to handle. But can be easily owned when both try to understand each other, accept the flaws, cherish the care..................."
That's how the talky became a mute act. The actors became spectators. The nerd became a saviour.

Nandu's POV

Oh god!! She really rocked the show. Because of the stunt pulled by Surya, I really afraid, it may gonna be a disaster. But, she handled it intelligently. I don't know how came she gave that much speech, since we prepared the draft. But, she was really amazing. Just some encouragement is all needed. Our English lecturer was very much proud of her. After the act, he took the mike and invited her onto stage and specially appreciated her. That evening, she became a star.

To be continued.........

Want to know what happened next.....wait for my next update. If you like the story, vote for me. Comment your opinions