Chapter-25 (Past 1)

Anu's POV

As usually, I'm going to school alone and was interrupted by Surya. He said, "I want to tell you something." I wondered what he wanted to say. I nodded my head in agreement. He said, "I love you".

I stood dumbstruck. Why there was always a twist everyday in my story. I don't know what to do. I silently walked past to him. Thank god he was not following me. I felt so much tense. I want sometime alone. I skipped classes and went to library. I sat in a corner and started to think about him. I don't know what to answer. After all I don't know whether his proposal was serious or a joke. I can't believe this friends gang. They can even play pranks on this issue. But, when I remembered his face, he was with full of tension and seriousness. He was never like that. He was an easy going person. While I was thinking, Naren, my savior came. I immediately went to him and sat besides him. I told him about Surya's proposal. He grinned at me. It annoyed me and I pouted. He said, " What do you want to do now?" I replied, "I don't know". He started, "It's your life Anu. You have to think about you and you have to make decisions. Take some more time and think about it. Have dare enough to do something new. Whatever you do, I will be there for you. Friendship is not just about encouraging you to do something but also giving the shoulder when you are broken." Then, he left to classes. I thought for some time.

Surya's POV

I proposed her. Yah, I did it. But, she left without giving any reply, may be she was in astonishment. But, I wanted to know her answer. She hadn't attended for classes. I got tensed. I searched for her. I asked my friends also about her. I saw her in library. She was holding a big book and her eyes were fixed on it. I was confused whether she was reading or thinking something, might be my proposal. I went to her. I wanted to spend some time with with her but it hadn't happened. I had a small talk because my friends were calling me. In evening break, my friends gang met in canteen as a routine. Nandu and Anu joined us. It was abnormal because earlier we asked Anu so many times to come and sit with us in canteen but she always refuses. Now, she was here. The environment was seemed to be so positive. I stared at her, searching answers for my unasked questions. She was so silent, maintained no expression. My friends don't know about my proposal. I will tell them after her approval because I don't want my friends to see me as a Romeo behind Juliet. I want to know about her feelings towards me. My flow of thoughts was broken when Nandana started speaking. She was introducing our gang to her and vice versa. She was giving light smile to everyone. I thought of thanking to Nandana for changing her and bringing her here. Nandu introduced me also and I gave her a smile. She looked straightly into my eyes. I felt like she was also feeling the same as me. All the time, she was silent but looking at me sporadically. I was feeling euphoria because of her, and this new feelings.

Anu's POV

I thought a lot about the proposal. Of all the things, I was happy for one thing, he thought of me as a lovable material. But, the saddest part is I don't know whether to accept or not. Because, I know about myself. If I like someone, I will care and love them so much and at the same time, I expect that extent for me. If I became attached to someone and if they left, I will feel as world's most loneliest person. So, I feared to take any step. I have positive vibes towards him. I wanted to know about him more. First of all these, I have to make sure whether his proposal was true or a prank. While I was thinking, one of Surya's friends came to me and said, "Oh! You are here. Surya was searching for you. Ok bye I have to tell him about you." After sometime, another friend of him came and he also repeated them. Again another one. I was smiling myself with this. Finally, the real hero appeared. Surya asked me "Why are you here not attending classes?" I was surprised with this. Shock will be an appropriate term. I don't know what to say, so in a flow, I said, "I was preparing for seminar". He looked at me from top to bottom and replied, "So, You are preparing for seminar and I have to believe it. Nice joke. Ok. Bye." Offo! I never thought I was this much bad at lying. I felt embarrassed and all my energy was dropped. He said, " Hey, I am just kidding, don't make that dull face." I sighed at his explanation. A doubt aroused in me and I asked, " Is it known to your friends?". He replied, "What?" I just looked at him with blank face. I was not able to convey him. I stood silent. He said, "Ohh kk , I got it, are you talking about my proposal? It was not known to anyone. I thought of telling them later. Ok bye. I have to go, if you are willing, come to canteen to join us, for now bye." I felt so bad about myself. Am I not good enough to tell his friends about me. I have to stop thinking about him and I decided I will never meet him again.

Want to know what happened next.....wait for my next update. If you like the story, vote for me. Comment your opinions.