A Boat Ride, a Sob Story and a Demon of the Bloody Mist!! Chapter 11

Start from the beginning

“So wait, you mean Gatoh. The one from the Gatoh Company?” Kakashi asked of Tazuna, making sure he had the right person. Looking quite shocked. “He’s one of the richest men in the world.”

Sasuke, and Sakura looked like they knew who we were talking about, Naruto on the other hand. “Who’s that?” he asked, and I sighed.

“Yes, he is the president of a marine transportation company on the outside,” Tazuna started.

“But underground, he uses gangs and ninjas to smuggle drugs and contraband goods,” I finished, and Tazuna nodded his head in agreement.

“He also does nasty jobs like take overs of other companies and countries,” Tazuna looked up at us. “A year ago, he set his sights on the Country of the Wave. He entered with country using violence and wealth as his shield, and he quickly took over the island’s sea traffic and transportation. On an island like the Country of the Wave, controlling the sea means ruling over the wealth, polities, and people of this island. And the one thing that Gatoh is afraid of. Is the completion of the bridge that had been under construction for quite some time,” Tazuna looked up at the bridge.

Sakura looked thoughtful, before talking for once. “I see. So you, as the one building the bridge, became an obstacle to him.”

Sasuke looked at Sakura, and Naruto looked confused. I just sighed, and I looked up at the unseeable sky. “Those ninja were sent by Gatoh,” Sasuke stated the obvious.

Naruto looked even more confused, trying to process all this. I snickered at his face, and he glared at me. I patted his head, which he slapped off.

“But I don’t understand. He’s a dangerous man that uses ninjas. Why did you hide that fact when you came to us?” Kakashi asked of Tazuna, and Tazuna sighed, as if it was obvious.

“The Country of the Wave is a really poor country. Even the feudal lord does not have much money. And we do not have much either,” Tazna looked down to the floor of the boat. “We don’t have the money to request for an expensive B rank or above mission. If you quit your mission after I land, I’ll be killed for sure. While I go home.” and here comes the sob story. “But there’s no need for you to blame yourselves. Only my cute eight year old grandson will cry and cry, and cry some more.”

Okay, quilt trip, not just a sob story. He plays dirty. The old man plays dirty, as dirty as I play when I bring out my look.

“And my daughter will just hold a grudge against Konoha ninja and live a lonely life,” I sighed. “But it’s not your fault.”

We all knew it was a quilt trip, but I knew we couldn’t do that to someone. I may have been raised by a criminal, but even Deidara isn’t that mean. Well, not to me anyway.

Kakashi sighed. He scratched his forehead protector. Then he looked at Tazuna with a look of quilt. He brought it! Ha! “I guess it can’t be helped. We will continue escorting you.”

Tazuna smiled. “That’s good to hear.”

I looked up at the sky once again, and then I smirked at Tazuna. “Hey Tazuna. Good quilt trip. But no one can win against me when I pull the look,” I then pulled it, and his eyes widened. “And this is when I am actually pulling a look. If I just do it right…” I changed my face, and I looked down right, and then I looked up, hugging myself around the waist. “I can be cute at all times!”

Kakashi sighed and shock his head at me, but not looking at me, I laughed. No one looked at me the whole time I was doing this, besides Tazuna. Ha! I know how to use my cuteness when I need it!

“We’re almost there,” The Boat driver warned us, “Tazuna,” Tazuna looked at the driver. “It looks like we haven’t been noticed yet.”