The Forest of Death. Chapter 29

Warning!! The forest of death will be following canon to a point!! But not the whole way!! This exam is where a few things are going to change… but nothing too major!! I don’t think… hahaha.

Dedication the same as normal!!!

**********************

Chapter 29

With my thoughts we all ran straight into the forest, just to get out of the open. When we were in the thick of the forest, we slowed down and raised our guard, as this happened. My thoughts were about the scroll. Whoever holds it must have it hidden well and should be able to protect it…

My eyes darted towards Sasuke. Every enemy would think that Sasuke’s got it… he would be the obvious choice. However… my eyes darted over to Naruto. Everyone has gotten an eye full of Naruto and might go after him… and even if I hate to admit it, everyone has gotten an eye full of me as well. Not just from my exclamation in the first exam but also from the Iwa nin trying to fight me as well… everyone thinks I am weak which was smart on my part. No one knows my true skills; deception truly is a ninja’s best friend.

“Guy’s stop,” I called out as I came to a conclusion. My teammates looked at me and we all stopped.

“What’s up Emi?” Naruto asked. “You see an enemy nin’s chakra?!” he exclaimed happily, excited for a fight.

I snickered at him and I shook my head. “No, but can I look at the scroll?” I asked and Naruto looked at me with a pout before reaching for the scroll in his jacket.

Sasuke’s hand snapped forward and grabbed Naruto’s arm to stop him from pulling out the scroll. Sasuke looked at me with careful eyes. “Emi, anyone could be watching,” Sasuke hissed to me like I was stupid.

I put one of my hands on my hip and I tapped my scope. “If anyone comes within seeing distance of us, I’ll know. My scope has improved Sasuke. It picks up on chakra; the only chakra it can’t pick up on is from highly masked chakra… like from Kakashi-sensei when he has it masked. In an exam of genin it can pick up on all of the chakra within half of this forest right now if I program it too,” I explained and he nodded his head once. I however don’t have it programed too far because the father way to senses, the weaker the signal becomes. I usually have it within 100-500 metres.

Sasuke allowed Naruto to hand over the scroll to me and I looked over it. I knelt on the ground and I sat down on the ground. I set the scroll on the ground in front of me and I put my hand into my clay pouch. I pulled out some clay and I looked at the bit of clay. I felt the eyes of my teammates on me and I started my work on the bit of clay I had. When I finished I focused a bit of chakra into the clay before I set the three little fake clay scrolls.

Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke all looked at them weirdly and I moved my hand into a hand sign. “Ninja art; clay expand, un,” I muttered and the three fake scrolls all grew into the same size of the other one. I smirked to myself. The only thing wrong was the colour but with a, “transform!” I exclaimed, focusing my chakra within the clay and poof. The clay scrolls looked identical as the original.

I smiled up at my team and Naruto looked confused, Sasuke was smirking and Sakura’s eyes were widened. “Smart,” Sasuke commended me and I chuckled.

“I thought so,” I shrugged once before I picked all the scrolls up and stood up. Mixing them up. I knew which ones were mine but they didn’t. No one can pick up on my chakra in the clay of my E0’s. They aren’t explosives, but I can manipulate the chakra within them to an extent, like a clay expand or transformation jutsu. But nothing large like an explosion. I don’t like to use it as much, as it’s disrespectful towards my art to make it look like my art… but not being able to become one. This is mostly used for something like this or tracking purposes.