The thunder before the lightning

Magsimula sa umpisa

Okay, think. I have to find a way out, but Roy's probably locked his front door.. then again he does have a balcony..

.. and a fire escape outside it, thankfully, so I don't just jump off the side of a building.

Okay, it might seem a little stupid for me to sneak out like this and leave, but we've already established I'm bad at taking care of myself and Roy is too nice to me and if I don't calm down now I could possibly break down crying. And Roy, plus whoever he might be bringing over, doesn't have to see that for the 100th time today. So I write my own letter, well.. as best as I could, on the back of his saying where I was going.

And where was I going..?

Oh yes, the park. Dark will sometimes walk with me to this neighborhood park over the weekends and we'll run around and be happy, of course we couldn't go this week though because of everything that happened..

So maybe hanging out there will feel closer to actually having him with me. I mean, at least it beats being sick and having nightmares all day.

So far I had done pretty well at climbing down the fire escape ladder, I was on the very end of the ladder outside and could almost feel my foot touch the floor. Of fucking course I just had to blackout for a moment while over thinking things and tripped. Now I'm just laying on the ground, in pain.

Dammit, I just feel so useless...

Despite my body telling me not to, I got up anyway. Which was not good when I hunched over feeling the need to vomit again.. thankfully I didn't, the headache I have made me too in pain to focus on my gag reflex at the moment, so that's great, I guess.

I quickly turned out of the alley I was in and walked around the back side of the apartments before exiting on the street I'm pretty sure the park was on.

.. I think. Usually Dark will lead the way so maybe this was a bad idea. No wait, I can see it. Up ahead is the park and I can't help but smile as I make it to the gate. I'm here!

"Hey Dark, how 'bout a race around the-" I stopped speaking once I realized my mistake. Dark isn't here, he's not okay and while he could need me I go and get myself sick and run around in a park without him. Dear god I'm so terrible. I couldn't do anything to protect him yesterday because my weak-ass was getting nearly beat to death by our tipsy, highly aggressive, father and now I can't even think straight enough to stop and get to know what I can do for him. What can I do for him? Can I do anything for him? Have I ever done anything to warrant him caring about me..?

I sat down on a bench underneath a tree and thought to myself just how pathetic I really am. ".. fuck." I mumbled and rubbed at the tears pricked at the corner of my eyes. Rubbing my eyes only made me more tired, reminding me that if I slept again I would just have another, probably worse, nightmare. I really messed up, I never should've left home that Friday, and I should've gone out to look for my brother no matter how badly I was hurt! I try to think back to when this all started, earlier this week I think, earlier when I first met- "Link!" I looked at the blonde in front of me, shocked, as he gave me a worried glance.

He seemed as if he were about to place a hand on my shoulder, but decided against it before using it to move the hair out of my face instead. "Are you okay, Pit?" He asks, not giving me time to respond before slapping a hand over his shocked mouth and looking far more worried at me. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to say your name, it just came out and I-" "It's... okay?" I mumbled a bit confused to him, suddenly curious as to why the room felt a lot hotter than before. Wait a minute, this is a park, I'm not even in a room..

He nods a bit, about to say something else before a kid, who looks so much like Link it's scary, came up to us and grabbed onto his leg happily. "I caught you!" The kid cheers as, even more surprisingly, Zelda runs up behind him.