Keira: Chapter 16

Start from the beginning

'It's Ricardo.' I said and she gave a small nod.

'Well, have a nice day.' She said and I smiled.

'Thanks, you too.' I put my shoes on and picked up my bad putting it over my shoulder, I opened the door and he was leaning against the wall in a suit. I must admit, he did look sexy. He was going into year 12, so he had to wear a suit.

'You look nice!' I said and he kissed his teeth.

'I look like a dick about nice. I'm all dressed up and where am I going? To a school, I just want to leave.'

'Well you're going uni soon.' I said and he shrugged.

'It's not gonna be all that especially if I have to move away.' He said and held my hand once we started walking. I chewed on my lip, I was starting to feel quite anxious. I thought I'd be fine but then I saw Sarah standing at the bus stop, she looked... different. Her blonde hair had now changed to dark brown and was cut to just below her shoulders, with a front fringe. It suited her well. She looked at Ricardo and I who were approaching her and she smiled. I smiled back and stood with Ricardo.

'You two don't talk do you?' He asked and I shook my head.

'Not after she kissed you and acted like a completed bitch towards me, no.'

'Keira, are you sure you should be back at school right now?' I shrugged, life moves on. I couldn't dwell on Rhianne's death or my condition because things would never get any better.

'Yep, but I need you to do me a favour.'

'What is it?'

'I need you to follow me to my treatment session, it's at 5 today.'

'Today? Ah...' I frowned slightly.

'What?'

'I had to take my sister to visit my mum init.'

'Your mum?'

'She's in rehab, I guess her drinking is getting better.' He said and I sighed, I just couldn't go to my first meeting on my own. I told my auntie I'd be going with Ricardo so she'd go to work and not worry about me. Now I was going on my own.

'I'm sure you'll be alright b.' He said and I looked away from him, he kissed my neck and hugged me.

'I promise, you'll be fine.'

'I just needed support, it's my first meeting.'

'I'm so sorry, if you'd told me sooner then maybe-'

'No, just forget it.' I said and went to get on the bus, he got on after me and we sat at the back together. The rest of the journey was in silence and once we got off I hugged him.

'Keira don't be pissed at me man, I can't do anything.'

'Forget it, I'll go on my own.'

'Now you're trying to make me feel bad!'

'I'm not! Fucking hell, I said forget it! Go with your friends.' I said and walked away from him when a group of boys including Luke walked over to him.

'Is that your chick Ricardo? Jheeze.' I heard one of them ask and I continued walking away, I could feel their eyes in the back of me. My eyes met with Sarah's once I walked through the gate, she walked over to me and I kissed my teeth.

'Keira, please! I need you, I need my best friend.'

'I never was your best friend.'

'You're the only person I have left, please... hear me out.' I knew she wouldn't leave me alone, she'd been trying to speak to me for ages.