Keira: Chapter 14

MARCO

'Marco, do you really want to be involved with someone like that?' Maliya said quietly whilst we both looked through the glass window at Keira asleep. She was under some type of anesthetic to help her, since what she'd overdosed on was really strong.

'She lied and said she was recovering... then she goes and overdoses-'

'MALIYA SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU AREN'T HELPING! THAT'S MY FRIEND LYING THERE MAN!' I shouted and she jumped, I sat down and sighed resting my head in my hands.

'But Marco, you have feelings for her.'

'Yes, she's my friend I'm supposed to care.'

'Not those kind of feelings, you like her don't you?' No... they were just friendly feelings. A friend that I'd kissed and wanted more and more each day, Keira just didn't see it that way. It literally killed me inside when I saw her with Ricardo, but what could I do? She didn't feel the same way I did so I had to stick to being friends. Although I couldn't take Ricardo, I was sure he'd slip up one day and I wanted to be there for Keira when he did. Maliya sat down next to me and rested her hand on mine.

'Marco, fight for her.' I looked at her with my eyebrow raised.

'But why? She doesn't feel the same.'

'Well if that kiss meant something to you, it might of to her. Wait till she gets better yeah?' I shrugged.

'I don't know if she ever will.'

'Well she is a bit of a crazy bitch, she suffers with manic depression you know Marco. Manic is maniac, she's insane.' I screwed her, what the fuck was wrong with this girl?

'What's your problem Maliya? Have some respect. That's like the most childish thing you've said all day. I'm not in the mood.' I said and she looked away from me as if she knew she was in the wong, yes she was. She's too rude, I wanted to slap her up but I really didn't have any energy. If Ricardo was such a good boyfriend where was he now? She needed him and he wasn't there like I was. I just didn't understand Keira; but I'd have to deal with it. I stayed at the hospital for a while longer and then Maliya and I walked back to the car park. We got in and I started driving in silence, normally I'd have my music blaring but I wasn't in the mood. How could I be happy when Keira was in such a bad state, I wished I could do something more to help her. Something more to help her recover and get better but it seemed no matter how hard I tried or anyone did; she'd always be ill.

I parked up outside the house and locked the car. I closed the front door behind us and kicked my crepz off, mum walked out of the kitchen smiling and then her face changed once she saw my expression.

"Marc? What's happened?" I kissed my teeth and walked up the stairs. I slammed my room door shut and just laid down on my bed staring blankly at the ceiling. I didn't know what to do, whether I should go out or just stay here. A knock on my door made me look away from the ceiling and then Maliya walked in and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Marc, cheer up. Mum was trying to ask what was wrong-"

"I don't fucking care. Now of ALL times she wants to attempt to speak to me? Nah, fuck it." I said and she sighed.

"If it's Keira, she'll be out before you know it and-"

"Nah she won't be! They're thinking of putting her in a psychiatric ward until she starts responding to treatment, that rehab didn't do shit for her." Maliya nodded and flicked her hair, it was like she didn't care and Keira was supposed to be her friend. Lately, I'd been noticing her bookey movements anyway so I shouldn't be surprised.

"Oh well thats a shame, why don't you just move-"

"Just get out. You're really starting to piss me off." She screwed me and walked out of the room. I really couldn't be bothered to get out and go anywhere because I wasn't in the mood. I just wanted Keira to get better but it didn't seem like that was happening.