Chapter 9: New Crush

(Alex's POV)

A life flashed before my eyes. I could see myself smiling at Aodhan. In my peripheral vision, I could see a basketball hurling towards my body. I don't know how to explain it, but it's like l was having another vision..?

Then I was back to normal. In my body. In someone's arms. In nice, firm, stong arms...

My breathing wouldn't calm down and my face felt as if it were on fire.

"...I could have died..." I mumbled to myself. The arms that were wrapped around me tensed up and pulled me closer to the body. I hesitantly looked up to see a tanned face and bright green eyes. Neal..!

I pushed Neal from myself and took a few steps back. My breathing hasn't calmed down, and my hands were visibly shaking.

Aodhan outstretched his arms, trying to calm me down, "Alex. It's alright. You are fine, okay? The ball didn't hit you." He smiled, "Neal grabbed you and pulled you out of the way before anything bad could happen."

My eyes wondered to Neal's. His were wide with worry and slight panic. He was also scanning my expression and soon looking me up and down.

"Why are you looking at me like that..?" I crossed my arms over my stomach.

His beautiful eyes softened, "I'm just making sure that you are okay. That ball was a close one, if I reacted just a split second more you could've been hit. And I wouldn't ever want that to happen."

The shaking stopped, "...thanks."

Neal smiled which made me smile. We continued to stand there. That was until Aodhan decided to intervene, "You two are acting as if you are soulmates. It's actually kind of cute." I glanced over at Aodhan to see him smirking at me. My face heated up and I looked down.

Neal laughed, "That would be a surprise! I can see us being together. Right Alex?"

I ducked my head a little more out of embarrassment.

Aodhan spoke up, "Well. There is a chance that you two are soulmates. Alex would prob-" I slapped my hand over his mouth mid-sentence.

"Just s-shut up, A-Aodhan!" I stammered. On my hand I felt something wet and slimy. I shrieked and retreated my hand away. "Did you just lick my hand..?!"

Aodhan put his hands behind his head, smirking, "Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows?" And with that, he turned and left.

"YEAH!! Just walk away!! Think about what you have done!" I shouted towards his direction. I heard laughing next to me. Curious, I faced the person.

"Man!" Neal tried catching his breath, "You two are something! I'm gonna have fun hanging out with you."

I gave him a confused look.

Neal caught it and rubbed his left arm sheepishly, "Th-that is if you two want to be friends with me..."

Thinking about it, I concluded. I raised my hand, "Of course we can be friends."

Neal looked at my hand, then smiled. He raised his hand and slapped mine, signaling a high five.

"This will be interesting," I smiled.

Neal glanced around and smiled as well, "Yes. Yes it will."

~~~~
AahhhhhhHHHHHH.
Sorry about the short chapters. We've been meaning to write more and yet, it hasn't happened. But. They are coming. The longer chapters, that is.

Thank you!!

-Draw