Chapter 2: Moving

(Neal's POV) Present day

     My alarm clock's ringing startled me out of my nightmare filled sleep. Leaning over, I unplugged it to stop the ringing.

      "Bloody Hell, how late was I up last night?" I said aloud as I sat up and rubbed my head.

     All at once a big red and white ball of fluff pounced on me. Of course it was Dare. He was my red, 10-year-old huskie, who was filled with endless amounts of happiness and excitement. Bow, my other dog, a big, brindle colored, German shepherd had to be tied up outside because he destroys everything in sight and just doesn't like humans.

I wrapped my arms around Dare and leaned against him until I heard my aunt call my name. Sighing deeply I patted Dare's head before getting out of bed. Still slightly dizzy, I made my way to the kitchen.      

     "Late night?"  Uncle Hank asked.

     I nodded. He chuckled slightly then looked back down at his newspaper. Aunt Martha smiled warmly as she passed me a plate full of eggs and bacon. We ate in silence which was unusual. Hank looked like he wanted to say something but was very hesitant. Martha was also a little on edge.

       Clearing his throat Hank spoke up "Neal, we...have decided that to continue our business we need to expand and to do that we would have to move."

       It didn't really surprise me that they wanted to expand their plant shop, after all it was very popular.

      "Where are you thinking? Melbourne?" I knew that they wanted to be in a big city where they would get more business and I was fine with moving to Melbourne, another large Australian city like Sydney where we were living now.

       "No, more to the north...like in Colorado, United States," Hank mumbled out.

       I was shocked into silence at his statement, not knowing what to say I stood up and left the kitchen. I stumbled into my room. As I thought about moving to an unknown place, my headache became worse. Even if I just woke up, I laid down on my bed and fell into a restless sleep.