Though entering the main den, he was surprised to find Ye Hua standing in the middle of the room staring straight back at him.  He had heard their argument and his uncle wasn't alone with it, because unknown to him, Su Su too had asked to be taken out, now and then, even if it was to the beach where she could feel the wind in her hair, but like him, he was just as afraid they would be seen.

"Why don't I get a maid, someone who can take Er Li out for walks and someone who can keep Su Su company?" Ye Hua suggested, being one solution to their predicament that he had been dwelling on for sometime.

"A Mortal?" he asked looking blankly back at him.

"No.  One who can leave the cave without our assistance, but one who is not already entrenched in the Palace.  One we can teach." he replied.  To his mind it was a simple solution, because a maid who was unknown to the Palace, meant they could train her as well as control her every move, and having a certain kind of personality in mind, he knew exactly where to go to find such a woman.

"Deity Mountain?" Lian Song smiled, now understanding where his nephews head was at.

"Exactly.  The girls there are simple women, but generally kind hearted and easy to manipulate.  We merely need one to match both Su Su and Er Lis temperaments, but with enough cultivation to protect them both should we need her to." he smiled back at him which then had both men moving to the caves entrance to look out at the water.

"Have you considered creating a small outdoor walkway so Su Su can at least enjoy the sun?  She needs the fresh air just as much as we do Ye Hua." Lian Song softly chided him.

"I know, and its why I want to get a maid.   It will take several weeks to create one, and I can't keep relying on Cheng Yu to watch over them while I am away.  At least with a maid, you two can leave while I work to create something more permanent for her and Er Li." he replied feeling happier now that he had a plan.

"Alright.  But I'll come with you.  I know where the 'good' girls are." he winked at him which earned him a healthy chuckle in return, because they all knew Lian Song liked to play on Deity Mountain, and it wasn't to find himself a new maid.  But he also wanted to go, to keep an eye o Ye Hua should they be recognized under the disguises they always wore when they went out.

"Good.  It's settled, we leave within the hour." Ye Hua grinned before walking away with a bounce in his step to inform Su Su though finding Cheng Yu in their chamber playing with the Er Li who was not only pulling on her hair, but dribbling all over it, he couldn't help but feel so guilty to see her staring whimsically out the window, which only increased his desire to give her a little more freedom as well.

"Cheng Yu, Su Su.  Lian Song and I will going out for a few hours.  Is there anything you need while we're gone?" he asked in his softest of tones at  both women who were quickly straightening themselves up for his entry.

"Don't worry about us, we'll be fine" Cheng Yu jumped in before Su Su could answer and with a quick look at the woman, Su Su quickly followed her lead.  She was learning much from the older woman, and her little ways of talking without actually talking had Su Su knowing she was planning something, and suddenly that part of her that she was managing to keep hidden began to rise.

But Ye Huas mind was on his own plans so he didn't notice, and by the time he had kissed his wife and child, dressed himself and kissed them some more, he was gone.

Racing to the entrance to watch them completely disappear, Cheng Yus smile grew as she ran back to Su Su.

"Quickly Su Su.  Get dressed we're going out." she smiled at her and not without a large dose of mischief in her eyes, which that part of Su Su recognized immediately and instantly attached herself to.

A Trial by Halvesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें