The tournament (part one)

Ruby POV:
It has been a few months since the attack of the town and Atlas. Me and the team never saw it in person but we did saw it in videos that have been taken during the attack and the creature was weird looking at first and then it became horrifyingly gross when it changed its look. The last we heard is that the town was repaired and Atlas along with the wall was repaired a bit not all of but the wall was completed so they are focusing on the city where it destroyed which would take a while but hopefully the buildings will be finished for people to move back in again. Today is the vytal festival tournament and we had just beaten Team ABRN in the team matches and Team JNPR had beaten BRNZ and team SSSN had beaten team NDGO so that makes us all move to the doubles. Right now me and Weiss were talking to Weiss sister Winter and they were talking about what I guess is their way of talking about their day. I mean Winter is talking like she was in the military which changed a bit when the two robots left them and she was a bit sister like which means she is asking on how she is and stuff. They were off to see our dorm room and I was letting them be and head off to see more of the tournament until I heard a commotion where I just left and saw Weiss was there so I decided to ask her what's going on. "What's going on?!" "Some crazy guy just started attacking my sister!" She said as I was surprised that someone would fight her "Oh no! Who would do such a th-" I didn't finish my sentence when I saw who it was in got excited "That is my uncle!" I yelled as Weiss was shocked at what I said "What?!" She said as I then said not paying attention to her "Kick her butt, Uncle Qrow!" She then joins in yelling "Teach him respect, Winter!" The fight was awesome Qrow was blocking Winters attacks and her small nevermores. They were causing a lot of damage and Qrow was fixing to turn his sword into a scythe but it stopped and he put the sword away and made a motion to attack him which she did but was interrupted by Ironwood. They had heard the commotion which they talked and they then soon left which I saw Penny waving at me and I waved back and then I ran up to my uncle yelling "Uncle Qrow!!" I then hugged his arm as he lifted it up and I said "Hi. It's so good to see you! Did you miss me? Did you miss me!?" He then grinned and said "Nope" and patted my head which we then heard Professor Ozpin yelled "Qrow" as I let go and Ozpin added "A word, please." Which Qrow discreetly said to me "I think I'm in trouble." Which I Said "You did kinda tear up our courtyard." Which he said "Yeah, I did." He then winks at me and gives me a fist bump and said "Catch you later, kid." He then walks off as Weiss walks up and said "And suddenly, your recklessness makes sense." Which nudged her shoulder and said "you're just mad because he whooped butt." Which she quickly said "That was a draw, at best!" Which I grinned but said nothing as we went our separate ways I headed back to the arena.
The next day:
Velvet POV:
It was a few minutes till the tournament to begin with my team fighting in the doubles and I was with my teammate Fox and with my friend Ruby. "I can't wait to see your team in action" Ruby said as I then said "Me too and the other team aren't going to have a easy time." I giggled a bit as Ruby then said "So I never got to ask how did it go with the team match because I never saw it?" I answered "It went really good we didn't have much of a problem fighting the other team but it went well." We then heard the announcement that the match was starting and I yelled at my team who was fighting "Good luck, you two!" And then the match starts. The match started with Emerald and Mercury going into the tall grass and Coco firing her Gatling gun at the tall grass to reveal where they are but then they saw they weren't there anymore. Then mercury comes from above meaning to hit her but Yatsuhashi pushes her away and blocks the attack with his sword. Then all three of them started to trade blows and they both were blocking, but then Coco was hit by some chains and was dragged into the forest which we couldn't see but then we saw Yatsuhashi was knocked out of the arena and we then waited to see if Coco would beat Emerald but we then saw coco flown out and was out of the tournament meaning that they had lost and that Emerald and Mercury has won. It was hard to see them lose which I felt fox put his hand on my shoulder to reassure me as the crowd had mixed emotions. I then felt a pat on my other shoulder and I looked to see Ruby and she said "It'll be fine and how about we go and see Coco and Yatsuhashi and see how their doing right now and see if they want lunch since it's close to that time?" I smiled a bit that she is trying to cheer me up so I said "That sounds nice." Me, Fox, and Ruby went to meet up with the rest of my team to go out to lunch.
No POV:
"Today the Vytal tournament has been going well and so far most of the double matches have been finished and we will soon see the last half of the doubles and we will then see the finals. Who knows how the tournament will go and who will win for their team and who will win the Vytal tournament overall. This has been the Vytal festival news and now we will turn to our next story on the monster known as project Shin and so far no news of the monster have been known since the unexpected attack in Atlas and we have no evidence of where it is now, but we do know that it is out there because last week a Sea Feilong was washed on shore wounded with brutal injuries that professional huntsman had said that no other creatures could cause that damage to one of these Grimm due to its large size. The Grimm was then killed by the professional huntsman to keep the people at ease that it would not attack them, but this does bring horrifying news that the creature is still alive and can take on one of these huge Grimm and leave brutal injuries. We have no other news on the creature but new information will be given soon. This is Lisa Lavender from the Vale news network."