Chapter 14

The police station is full of life with people entering and leaving, everyone seemed rather busy.

"Hello Mr. And Mrs. Jauregui, I'm glad you could come" The woman says opening the door of her office wider for the couple to pass. Once Michael and Clara are inside the woman closes the door, "please take a sit, I'm currently in charge of your daughters disappearance case" she informs pulling her chair and taking a seat as she places a folder on her desk.

"Did you find anything that would lead us to her!?" Michael asks quickly. The woman sighs heavily and sits upright.

"Before we get to that let me introduce my self, My name is Angela Basset and like I said I will be in charge in your daughters disappearance case. I don't normally do this type of cases more so when your daughter is friends with one of my family members but I had to make an exception" Basset informs with a serious expression before Michael and Clara ask any question she opens the folder she has on her desk throwing the couple a look.

"I'll be as honest as I can but before I can disclose of any information you have to know this is confidential and that no one else should know about this information for the safety of the case and the investigation behind it," Angela places two pages in front of them. "This here is a contract that says that you understand that you cannot in under any circumstances tell any of the information divulged here to outside media unless told other wise, you can read it, memorize it do whatever you want with it, but know that if you do not sign that paper we cannot inform you of any lead or information we have on the case" Angela says placing a blue point pen on top of the paper.

Michael and Clara share a look. Without any hesitation Clara took the pen in hand.

"Where do we sign?" Clara ask without a second thought, she didn't even care to read the paper as Angela points at the bottom of the first page then turns the page and points at a blank in the middle of the second one. Clara was the first to sign the first papers, Michael on the other hand read thoroughly every rule and every thing that they demand of them once signed.

He sighs heavily he didn't like some of the things that they demands but still he signed the papers, he needs to know something that would keep his faith alive that his daughter was still out somewhere alive and well. 

"We currently do not have much information of the case only video in which captures the moment of your daughter being taken by a covered up figure," Angela picks up a paper of the folder placing it in front of Lauren's parents "at the moment I can't show you that video because it's an important piece of evidence that's being studied closely with every outcome possible" its a black and white pixelated picture of a figure with a hoodie covering up Lauren's mouth. "As you can see the quality isn't the greatest" Angela says. Michaels hands grip the picture that was his baby, the same girl that couldn't sleep late at night cause she was afraid of the dark, the same girl he protected and raised to be a person of good and that person, no... That monster took her away from them.

Tears swelled up at his eyes as Clara took his right hand in hers squeezing it.

"Do you think Lauren might have had a problem with someone that might do this?" Angela asks but Lauren was a person that kept everything to herself, she wouldn't tell Clara and Michael her problems until they were solved, she kept her personal life private to the point that her parents sometimes felt like they didn't actually know her that well.

"I cant think of anyone that would try to hurt her she is a really kind and giving person" Clara says clearing her throat so she could talk more clearly.

"I'm sure she is, but right now I need you to think" The phone on the desk starts ringing as Angela quickly picks it up, holding her pointer finger up signaling the Jauregui's to stay quiet. She quickly picks up a pen and starts writing quickly. "Okay, I'll be there right now" Angela says hanging up on the phone.

"Mr. And Mrs. Jauregui I'm afraid I have to go, but I'll be in contact if possible write down any names that comes into mind of people that disliked her or tried to harm her" Angela says opening her office door and letting the married couple pass as she closes.

They are torn. Michaels chubby and happy demeanor has changed to one that could barely muster a smile he's been losing weight it was noticeable by the frame of his face. Trying to stay strong for his family didn't seem to be helping, or the way they try to assure Lauren's brother and sister that she is alright and that they'll soon find her. They aren't children they know there's a big chance that'll never see or hear from Lauren again and that's whats devastating.

They are never going to see her again.

|-/

Lauren's heart is racing and breathing seemed to be difficult. She could hear the wood creak under their weight. Her left eye is swollen shut and her lip is broken but she can't seem to stop her tongue from tracing the wound on her lip feeling the sting it provides as she touches it.

She's counted fifteen bruises on her body and she was currently in search for more seeing as this is the only entertainment she has. All different colors her favorite one is the one on her chest right breast to be precise where a large yellow bruise is with dots of blood.

Yellow... Such a happy color.

Camila walks in the room and Lauren's body can't be shaking more. Lauren isn't facing her she couldn't. They don't say anything but it's clear that Camila is watching her.

|-/
A/n:
Here's chapter 14 beautiful people, Hope you like it, make sure to leave a star too it motivates me to continue the story! Since I'm such in a good mood check out this drawing I made while I ignored whatever my english teacher was discussing

|-/A/n: Here's chapter 14 beautiful people, Hope you like it, make sure to leave a star too it motivates me to continue the story! Since I'm such in a good mood check out this drawing I made while I ignored whatever my english teacher was discussing

Well this is my goodbye until next chapter

-Tana