Robes and Wands

Andromeda's POV

"Honestly dear, why didn't you put on the dress I laid out for you?" Mum asks me.

"Because, I feel more comfortable in this" I tell her. Today my family and I are going to Diagon Alley. To get mine and Draco's school things. Father still hasn't apologized for snapping at me about Dobby. Then again I haven't apologized either. My family treat Dobby so badly, and he does everything for us. They least they could do was give him proper clothes.

I can't do it though. As I don't want to be disowned by my family. Sure they have their problems, but they are my family and I love them dearly. I link arms with mum and we go downstairs where the other two are waiting for us.

Father sees we're ready and links arms with Draco. He and mum disapparate with us. We land in an empty room at the Leaky Cauldron. Go downstairs to the back room and enter Diagon Alley. "Narcissa I shall get their books, you drop them off at Madame Malkin's. Then go look at wands" father tells her.

"Of course dear, now after you have your robes. Go to the apothecary" mum tells Draco and eye. She hands us each a pouch of gold and drops us off at Madame Malkin's.

"Hogwarts dears?" Madame Malkin asks us and we nod our heads. "Another girl is being fitted now, go through those doors deary" she tells me. I do so while Draco follows her to the guys fitting room.

When I enter the room and I do a double take of the girl on the stool. I almost thought I was looking into a mirror. Until I noticed her brown bushier hair and brown eyes. Along with the tanner skin and buck teeth. "Wow" I say as I get on a stoll beside her and my measurements start being taken.

"Hello, I'm Hermione Granger" she says smiling.

"Andromeda Malfoy, but call me Andy please" I tell her. She nods her head. "Can I call you Mione?" I ask and she nods her head. "Are you with your parents?" I ask her.

"Yes, they are at Gringotts with Professor McGonagall learning how to exchange money" she states.

"Oh you're muggle born" I say looking her up in down. "I don't see what my family complain about you look clean to me" I state. She looks confused, but doesn't ask. "So I take it you don't know about the different houses" I say.

"Oh I do, Professor McGonagall gave me a copy of Hogwarts a History to read. I love to read" she states smiling. "I think I'll be placed in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor" she adds.

"Most likely" I agree. "I myself will no doubt be in Slytherin like the rest of my family. Over five generations of Slytherins here. Only one person in the family hasn't been in Slytherin and he was disowned" I tell her.

"That's horrible, it wasn't his fault the sorting hat put him in another house" she states.

"I agree" I tell her smiling.

"There you're done dears" the fitter states. We thank her and get off the stools.

"That's my parents, see you at school" Hermione tells me.

"Yes, I'll look for you on the train" I tell her and she leaves. Soon a boy with black messy hair and green eyes left. Then Draco came out and we go to the apothecary. We gathered the things on the list and pay for them. Then go buy our telescopes and then went to Mr Ollivanders where mum was waiting for us.

"Ah Draco, Andromeda you're here" mum says smiling. "We have a selection of different wands for you to try" she states. Draco goes first and finds his wand on the second try. It was Hawthorn wood, 10 inches long with Unicorn hair core.

It is now my turn. But out of the five wands that had been selected none of them worked. Mr Ollivander went to the back of the store and returned with another wand. "Perhaps this" he says handing it to me. A warmth fills me and a bright light appears from my wand.

"What is the make?" mum asks him while I examine my wand.

"Rowan wood, 10 1/2 inches with Dragon Heart-string core" he states. "Good for duels" he adds. Mum paid for it and Draco's wand then we left to find dad waiting for us. We go home as our robes would be delivered to us.

(Mr Ollivander's) Hermione's POV

I head over to the wand shop Professor McGonagall had pointed out. She said my parents and her would meet me there when they were done with the bank. I enter the store and ringed the customer bell. "Ah welcome" an old male voice says. "I'm Mr Ollivander, pleasure to meet you Miss..." he says.

"Granger" I say smiling.

"Which is your dominate hand?" he asks me and I hold out my right arm. A magic tap measures it while he gathers some rectangle boxes. When the tap finished he handed me a wand. "Well give it a wave" he tells me and I do so. The vase behind the counter blow up and I squealed putting the wand down. "Apparently not, perhaps this" he says handing me another.

This time some boxes fly of the shelves. "Definitely not" I say putting it done. He gives a beautiful wand and a warmth fills me.

"That's the one for you, Miss Granger. Vine wood, 10 3/4 inches dragon heart-string core" he tells me smiling. I pay for it as I see my parents outside. We finished shopping and collect my robes. Professor McGonagall dropped us off at the Leaky Cauldron reminding me again how to open the wall. Before leaving and I went home with my parents. I got a head start on reading my text books practicing wand movements and incantation. But never at the same time as I'm not allowed to use magic outside of school now.

A/N

Picture above of Draco's, Hermione's and Andromeda's wands. Picture on the external link of Andromeda's outfit.