6. Family dinner.

Unedited

"Nandini, you didn't inform us that Manik is leaving for Canada on 11th

"Nandini, you didn't inform us that Manik is leaving for Canada on 11th." My mother complained the second I sat down beside her on the breakfast table.

"Oh. It completely slipped my mind. I'm so sorry, Mumma." I made a sorry face, Mumma shook her head serving my plate.

"Nyonika called, she said that its Mukti and Manik's birthday tomorrow and they are leaving so she wants us to have dinner together tonight." My mother filled me in, I nodded back in positive.

"When did you come?" Papa questioned pulling his chair out and settling down. My brother right behind him.

"Exact 11:00." Bhai chuckled before I could reply. Papa smiled too. "I don't know why he's so scared of me. He thinks I'm going to stop letting him see her if he doesn't behave." Papa laughs. I kept my lips shut, not wanting to get teased by standing up for my fiancé.

"But he's so perfect. I think we found the best one for our daughter, hai na Nandu?" I keep my head down, keeping my gaze focused on my breakfast plate. Papa pats my head laughing.

We finish the rest of breakfast in silence. I take my stuff and bid my family bye. Mumma tells me —three times— to be on time. Even when I'm always on time and work the same hours every day. What is this behavior, Mom?

I'm in the hospital parking lot when my phone rings. Mukti. I answer the call heading in the hospital and to my cabin. "Hello." I keep my bag on its place.

"Good morning Nandini." She sings from the other side; I smile at her and then his voice from somewhere behind her.

"Good morning."

"So how was the date? Our boy behaved or what?" Straight to the point. No beating around the bush. I clear my throat, not knowing what to reply to this.

"Mukti. I will set your clothes on fire!" My fiancé yells from behind her. Mukti just laughs the threat off.

"You coming tonight, Bhabhi?" Mukti coos, making me blush and laugh. "You at the hospital?" She questions before I can reply to the first one.

"Yes, just reached some minutes ago." I answer.

"Okay. We're just here at Malhotra company, pissing Manik off. The usual. I'll let you get back to work, see you tonight, babe."

"See you. Bye." I mumble and the call disconnects.

"Mumma....what should I wear.???" I cribbed again.

"Nandu wear whatever you like. Please stop disturbing me." She said almost glaring at me and I sighed.

It's been one hour I am home from hospital and I can't even select what to wear. I mean I am going there first time, I should wear something traditional but what.????