5. The first date.

Vote goal: 1.7k
Comments: 520

As they say, sometimes you can know all about a person with their eyes

As they say, sometimes you can know all about a person with their eyes. Eyes speak and I agree, you just have to know how to listen. I didn't ask him any questions because I wanted nothing from my marriage other than love. I didn't care about the money. I didn't care if he's workaholic—which he is as per internet. I have grown up in a family where I'm the apple of their lives. I have seen my parents in love, and I always craved for something like that. Theirs was love marriage but I just knew that I can never find someone on my own because I'm really indecisive and not to mention scared.

Scared of choosing someone who can hurt me, have the power to break my heart. So when I started officially working as a doctor, my parents asked if they could start looking for a man or I have someone. I told them I have no one and I'll marry as per their choice, but I need some time before that. I just started working and didn't want to get into this so soon. This conversation happened three months ago. I knew my parents were looking for rishtas, but they never came to me with any proposal. Until him. Four days ago, my parents said they have someone they want me to meet. Now that they didn't disturb me for the past three months, I couldn't say no to them. I agreed to see him.

When they sent me the biodata, it wasn't mentioned that he's a singer. Professional singer. It was mentioned in his hobbies. So of course, I didn't go look up the internet. Big mistake. If not for Navya, I'd never know he's such a big personality.

Saying yes to him came easy to me, even when after I went through Internet it scared me with how famous they all were-- They have paparazzi following them to the gyms, their airport looks are all over the internet. Who looks at other people's outfit you'd say? Millions of people. Alya wore an oversized black t-shirt paired up with black shorts, and that picture has 4.2 million likes. I also found out, his friends, Alya and Dhruv are in relationship—since last thirteen years. Alya has sweet tooth, yet he carries chocolates for her and not Dhruv. I saw him sneaking her sweets, twice during dinner. He can't say no to her even though Dhruv kept scowling at the duo the whole time. He might have teased me but the sincerity with which he interacted with my parents and brother all the while. Him asking permission for taking me out from Paa, asking if he could kiss me, telling me he'll wait if I wanted to pick the February date even when I somewhere felt he wanted to be married as soon as possible-- these little gestures of him started spreading a fire in my veins. My heart hasn't calmed down since our first tiny eye lock. The kiss, took my breath away and it didn't even last a second, what will happen when he actually kisses me? It's going to be so embarrassing if I pass out.

Kiss and all, haan?

I wanted love from my to-be husband and half day around him and his family, I feel I'm going to be showered in love and care and not to mention teased to death. The whole family is so amusing and witty. The moment the roka happened they started showing their true nature--especially Cabir and Mukti-- which is teasing the to-be-bride of their brother. As if their brother is any less, he didn't look away from me for a second, even when his friends continuously teased him about how he can't take his eyes off of me. Their comments turned me red--not kidding, I felt like my cheeks were on fire-- but had no effect on the man. Nil! He continued gawking at me.