51. The broken heart.

Nandini

"Muktii... Aloo.." I called out as soon as I saw them coming. Both of them ran towards us, Manik opened his arms. They ran past his open arms, totally ignoring him, straight to me. People around us laughed as Cabir and Dhruv too did the same and came straight to me. I chuckled looking at his angry glaring face, but he had a small smile.

"Hey. I missed you all." I hugged the girls and then Dhruv and Cabir. Manik crosses his arms waiting for his turn.

"We missed you too Nandini." Cabir grinned. My husband rolled his eyes when Cabir and Dhruv took the luggage trolley from beside me and pushed it towards the car. Manik made us exit from the main gate of the airport, which had security and media people aren't allowed this side. They may have spotted us and clicked zoomed pictures but who cares? I am a big girl now. I don't care.

We three settled down in the car and the boys loaded our luggage. It was Dhruv's Land Rover so we all adjusted perfectly fine. Manik pushed Dhruv away when he was about to go into the driver's seat.

"It's been almost 10 days. I need to drive now!" He said sitting inside as Dhruv took the passenger seat.

"Puch hi leta bhai. Maara piti kyu?" Dhruv said and I let out a chuckle. Manik turned the ignition and passed the awaiting media in a second. We took the highway soon.

"You look tired Nandini." Alya whispered in my ears and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah because Manik Malhotra thought it would be fun to push me off an airplane from 10000 feet above." I muttered glaring at the who shall not be named devil, who in return just chuckled and winked at me through the mirror.

"He went sky diving?" Mukti asked shocked.

"Umm. Yes. We even did scuba diving and jet skiing and fly boarding and the swings in the middle of water and the slide at our villa." I informed them with a huge smile as I remembered the third best days of my life. First being my parents birthday which comes on the same day. Yup. Second being our wedding day and third being all this last week.

"Nandini everything is okay. But sky diving? Manik never did it saying it's nonsense. He did it the first time with you." Mukti cupped my cheeks and made me understand like a kid. I looked back at my now smiling brightly husband.

"He always said that he'd go with someone he can trust. Hell we went to Hawaii with Mom and Dad-- which is known as one of the best places to do sky diving at but he didn't go even there." Alya completed as I pouted at my husband. He didn't turn around completely just slowed down the car speed, turned just a tiny bit and flicked my nose with his index finger and quickly turned back.

"Manikkk. Not on the fucking roads!" Mukti glared and he looked back at the roads sincerely. I still looked at him smiling like a fool. As it was past 12:45 in the night, we didn't find much rush on the roads.

"Home sweet home." Cabir said looking at the Malhotra door. I looked back at my home and smiled. HOME. MY HOME!

The car stopped and I sprinted out straight to my mother-in-law's arms. She laughed loudly as I hugged her. Papa kissed my head as I still kept hugging Mom and in the back of my heart missed my mother's embrace. My mother. The woman who gave birth to me and then had to give me away breaking her own heart in the process.

"Nandu bacha kya hua?" Mom rubbed my back and I sniffed removing the tear drops under my eyes. I broke the hug and faced her. Manik wrapped his arms around my shoulder and pulled me in his chest.

"You missing Mumma?" He asked removing some more tears from my cheeks and I nodded at him. Mom cupped my cheeks and kissed my head.

"I miss her too. We'll go visit her tomorrow, okay?" Mom said making me smile and I nodded. She opened her arms again and I hugged her back. Side by side we headed inside the hall with everyone following us.