38. Their love and care.

Nandini

I waited and waited for the pain to shoot through my body. It never came, I just fell down on the stairs and I felt some pain on my back and hip area. Nothing major. When everyone was trying to pull me up, and the expectated pain faded, I felt hand under my head. I looked at Manik hovering over my body as Abhi tried to pull me on legs. I looked at Manik's face, he was hurting.

I quickly stood up taking my brother's support and looked at his hand. Blood was dripping. I sat down on the stair and pulled his hand in my lap and turned it around. I was to fall down on the corner of the stair, which could've badly hurt me, or maybe needed stitches. But his reflexes were quick and he put his hand down on the exact same place making me fall down on his hand, due to which I didn't get hurt but his hand was bleeding.

"Manik. Kya kia ye aapne." I shouted turning his hand back, there was a cut from the coner of nail to his knuckles of middle finger.

"It's nothi—"

"Shut up!" I glared at him as tears made their way out of my eyes. I held his wrist and made him sit on the couch, sitting down on my knees infront of him, I checked his hand.

"I-I-I need... I need first aid." I looked over at Mukti who nodded and went to get it.

"Nandini please shaant ho jao. It's nothing. Tum thik ho? Did you hit your head?" He cupped my face with his other hand and I glared clenching my jaw trying not to say and create a mess infront of our parents.

"If you would've just let me be. I would've preferred hurting myself over you!" I said sniffing between my tears. He smiled and moved his hand to the back of my head and rubbed it as if looking for something, anything.

Nyonika Maa settled beside him and leaned towards me, she glared at me and turned my head to the other side as she checked for any injuries in my head. Satisfied she then turned to his hand and started rubbing circles in his palm, to distract him from the pain.

"Mumma. It's fine. Don't worry." He said to his mother who just ignored him. Mukti handed me the first aid and I pulled out the antiseptic liquid and some cotton.

"It's going to hurt." I whispered over his finger. I moved to dab the cotton on the blood but I couldn't, it felt everything inside me was hurting. I know how much this burns, and I could feel it burning my inside. My heart clenched. I tried to do it again but tears blurred my vision making me hiccup.

"Navya." I looked around for her to see her nowhere. She must've left.

"Nandini. Either you do it, or no one else. I'll go and wash it under water!"

"Chup. I am doing." I moved my hands again but this time he held my hand and dabbed it making me shriek in pain. I shouted his name but he didn't stop, with his hand covering mine he cleaned the wound.

"Manikkk.." I shouted when he finally left my hand. Tears still running down my eyes as I blew air on his finger from my mouth. I glared at him through my clenched teeth to which he just pulled my head to his lips and kissed it.

Still angry at him, or myself, or this whole situation and crying like a waterfall, I took the cream. Softly I applied the cream with blowing air in between. I did the dressing carefully, not wanting to hurt him more.

"Ho gya? Itta jaldi? I thought abhi 20 minute or lagenge!" Cabair said. I made a sad pout at my husband who laughed at me. Everyone around us chuckled too as Cabir rolled his eyes at me.

Nyonika Maa said something in his ear making him look at me, laugh and nod. I looked at them in question but both of them ignored me.