40. His love.

Nandini

"Momma." I smiled brightly looking at my parents and ran to them. I hugged my mother and then my father.

"Abhi told us about the cricket so we thought why not join and surprise our baby." Papa said kissing on my head and I nodded.

"I was busy but then cricket called out to me so.... here we are!" Bhai said as he too kissed my head and I chuckled. They all sat down on the chairs in the lawn as the boys started to get everything ready. I looked at the door to see my husband walking in.

He looked at me and then mumbling something to himself headed to the boys. Cabir called out and we all headed. Our father's joining too.

"Captains?" My father asked.

"Manik and Raj Papa." Dhruv chuckled. Both of them faced each other as they looked towards us.

"I'll go first!" Dad said and my husband rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. Apparently you are younger then me so.. yeah, go ahead." Manik said making everyone laugh out loud. I tried to control as much as I could but a chuckle eventually escaped.

"Go!" Manik said.

"Arjun." Raj papa replied.

"Cabir."

"Dhruv."

"Abhi."

"Alya."

"Pia."

"Mukti."

Everyone turned to look between Manik and I, when he didn't say my name. Bhai raised his eyebrows at me in question but I just looked down.

"Umm. I don't think I can play. I'll go and sit with Mom." Just as I brushed past him, he held my elbow and jerked me back in his chest. I gasped.

"My wife.!" He called out looking down at my face. Everyone hooted, I looked away from him and stepped out of his hold.

"They didn't make up yet?" I heard Cabir ask someone. Mukti.

"We left to go shopping just after you guys left. Just came back 20 minutes ago!" She replied as both of them looked at him checking his bat and then me.

"Okay. Toss the coin.!" Raj Papa handed me the coin. I threw it up in the air and Manik shouted 'head', it landed on head.

"See. Manifestation works!" He shouted looking at Raj Papa who in return just shrugged at him.

"More like wife luck!" Papa commented and I looked down smiling. Manik chose balling and everyone took their place.

"Who's going first?" Manik asked with tennis ball in his hand. Mom doesn't let them use the original cricket stuff, she says they'll hurt someone or even worst themselves.

"Nandini." Pia called and I pouted.

"I don't know how to ball." I muttered.

"Come here." Manik gave me his hand. He jerked me in his chest with his other hand on my waist. He looked into my eyes and then my lips, closing his eyes he groaned and then turned back to Abhi.

"You handle it. We'll back in a minute!" He threw the ball at my brother who chuckled standing beside Cabir and Pia who looked shocked. I blushed as he pulled me back into the house and everyone shouted 'kya hua? Kaha chale?' Or hooted.