Chapter 20

Donovan

It had been two weeks and I was waiting for Cruz to arrive today . His trip out here got delayed due to an important meeting at work .

I had become sluggish at my work . All my paperwork had been piling up , collecting dust on my desk . The group that I ran with to check the borders every morning and night had been grown off without me there .

The pack had felt the presence of me missing everywhere they went . I was the leader , the one who protected everyone . Yet I was no where to be found .

May was having a hard time especially . She was helping Sofia rediscover herself and trying to console me . Mikey and Mack tried when they could but they had bigger pack duties .

She had always tried to get me to shower and eat . It had been four days since my last shower . The shower was so tiring . All I could do way lay here . I laid on the bed right now in wolf form .

I felt tired and achy . "Get the fuck up , Cruz is here ." Mikey Said barging into my room . I looked at him and stood . I turned away from him and with a huff I laid right back down .

I didn't care about Cruz . Cruz wasn't Sofia . "I swear Donovan get the hell up , he said his news could help get Sofia back ." With that news I was intruigied . I slowly stood shaking my jello limbs out before heading to the bathroom .

I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth . I towel dried my hair before running to the closet . I put on sweatpants and a tee shirt . Mickey had left and was waiting for me . I heard them talking in my office and jogged down the hall .

Opening the door and happy looking Cruz turned my way . "Don !" He said coming toward me , arms open . I gave him a hug patting him on the back . We parted and I went and sat in my chair .

I was too weak to stand on my own . The littlest things became the hardest . "What can you tell me about Sofia ?" I asked getting serious .

"Right so I was going through trying to find her and I found something odd . So I was going the thorigj files they kept on the people in there and couldn't find her at all ." He paused before continuing .

"That's because Sofia isn't her first name , it's her middle name . Her real name Evelyn Sofia Parker , but get this . Once I found her file I began searching for her parents." He opened the file .

He handed me a picture of a younger looking Sofia and two other people . "That's her dad Micheal and her mom Avery . But when I did digging on them I found out something crazy . Sofia is adopted and her parents are in ties with a werewolf pack themselves . They live in Westwood pack where they run a local grocery store !" Cruz explained to me . It was a lot to take in .

"Thanks so much Cruz , but I need to go Sofia needs to know this ." I Said standing up . I grabbed He picture and headed down stairs . I threw on some slides and grabbed a car .

Hopping in it I didn't wait for anyone else . I took off down the road . Mostly breaking every traffic law . I sped down into the hotel parking lot and haphazardly parked . I could smell her sweet scent even from here .

"Room what room is Sofia in ." I asked stumbling to the counter . "Uh 105 Alpha ." The young wolf said to me . I nodded and ran to the elevator. Stepping in the jabbed the buttons .

I was impatient . Her scent drove me mad and the close radius made me wild . My son , my mate , and my life were in the same building as me . Once the doors opened I ran out and banged on her door .

"Sofia it's me , please let me in !" I begged . May appeared at the door . "What do you need Donovan ?" May mumbled looking awkward . "I'm sorry May but this isn't about you right now ." I Said shoving her out of the way .

Sofia stood off the bed when she saw me . Her white blonde hair is longer now , reaching her shoulder blades . Her bangs had grown out a bit , and she looked skinnier .

"Look I know you don't want to see me right now but I can't live without you anymore . I can't eat , I can't slee , I can't even shower . I know you have to learn who you are to be capable of trying to love me and I'm okay if you never do love me . But you can't push me away not till I try ." I Said my voice cracking and crazy demeanor gone .

"May could we have a minute ?" Sofia asked making May leave the room . The second the door clicked shut , Sofia's arms were around me . She hugged me like her life depended on it . "I would only miss you this much if I truly loved you . I don't think I could leave you if I tried ." She whispered into my ear .

Those words made my heart sing . I was head over heels in love with her . After ages of soaking up each other's presence we parted . "I have something to show you ." I Said pulling the picture out of my pocket .

I handed it to her . She studied it for a moment before asking . "Is this me ?" I nodded . "I had my guy , Cruz , look up who you were and he did some digging and found your family ." I told her .

"When did you do this ?" I sighed . " A while ago but I was too scared to tell you because I though you would leave . I'm sorry ." I said ashamed of my stupid fear .

"It okay , could you tell me about them ?" She gestured to the photo . "Apparently that's your dad Micheal and mom Avery, they adopted you when you were young . They live in a pack not far from here , the run a grocery store for the pack ." I explained .

She nodded . "Can I meet them ?" She was fearful I would say no . "Of course , I trust you it was stupid of me to not trust you before ." I answered . "Oh also apparently your name isn't Sofia , it's your middle name . I guess your real name is Evelyn Sofia Parker ."

"Can I still go by Sofia ?" She asked after zoning out . I nodded my head . "Remember , I will give you anything you want ." I Said truthfully . She hugged me before placing a soft kiss on my lips . "Come on goofball , I want to go home . This place sucks without you ." She laughed out .

I picked her up , not even grabbing her clothes . I carried her down to the car passing May in the lobby . I felt complete . I felt like I could soar across the sky .

Sofia.