Chapter 15

Sofia

It was May now . I turned five months three days ago . It's Friday today and tonight we are having a game night for Mack and Keith . I was sitting on the back porch .

I sat in a chair under the umbrella shade drinking pink lemonade . I was reading some baby books trying to gain as much parental knowledge as I could . Apparently in the first three years of a child's like is the most impressionable .

I knew Donovan was going to be a good dad . He was great with kids , always calm . Me though , yeesh . I was awkward around kids . I didn't know if I should give them food or carry them . How do I make them laugh ?

Then they would cry and freak me out . I already knew my parental skills weren't up to par . But it was going to be different , this isn't another personas child it's mine . We will have a bond and I can get to know him .

I just am not going to be good help when it comes to shifting and other wolf needs . Which Donovan could help him but I wanted to learn all I could so the baby had both of us for answers .

I stood and stretched before going inside . I walked up the stairs , heading for Donovan's office . I threw the door open making him stare at me .

"Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want ,So tell me what you want, what you really, really want !" I sang . I threw my hands in the air waving them around walking towards him .

He laughed at me while I climbed into his lap . Our laughing died down as I rested my back against his chest . He rubbed my arms while we relaxed . "May has to stop showing you 90's music ." He chuckled .

I laughed as I sighed with content . "I'm hungry ." I stated . "And what would you like ?"

"A big ole bowl of fettuccini Alfredo ." I told him . Yummy . "Ok , I'll tell the cooks ." He Said as he picked up his phone . I laid there while he texted the cooks .

"I want to get into house plants ." I Said to no one in particular . "And what makes you say that ." Don said incredulously. "I got a book on house plants certain herbs can calm me, some can help me sleep , or even give me energy . Plus they are awesome ."

"Ok we can go plant shopping tomorrow ." He assures before writing on his papers . "If I'm so called 'Alpha female' shouldn't I help with the pack too ?" I asked looking at what he was doing .

"Sure , here look at this ." He said handing me a paper . With my memory slowly filling in , I could read better now . The though block they had placed on me had been broken . It was like things just clicked now .

"So this wolf wants to transfer into this pack ?" I asked after scanning the paper . "Yeah , happens all the time , should I approve him ?"

"Yes , hes young and doesn't seem to have anything on his record ." I shrugged . "Yeah He seems straightforward , I'll still watch him though just to make sure he doesn't try to pull anything ." He nodded .

We heard a knock on the door and Donovan invited them in . A lady from the kitchen staff rolled in a cart of my food . Don instructed her to leave it right there and we would get it .

I jumped up as soon as she left and raced for my food . "I want some of that you know ." I shrugged . "Better hurry it two against one bebe ."

He scoffed and strolled over to me . He wrapped his arms around me and I fed him a piece to shrimp . We prepared our plates before sitting on the balcony .

It was a really pretty balcony , it overlooked the forest and the huge backyard . The grassy green of the lawn ended right at the tree line .

I ate my Alfredo as did Donovan. He was good to me . He encouraged me to keep remembering things , and I did .  My personality was peeking through . I could joke around and didn't take sarcasm seriously .