I opened my mouth to reply but Jesse beat me to it. "Find out the answer after a short commercial break!"

The theme song played in the studio and I sighed in relief once the camera was no longer trained on me.

"Relax, you're doing fine." I looked up at Jesse and was surprised by her gentle tone.

She gave me a conspiring wink before turning with a glare to the crew screaming, "Hair, makeup!"

I cringed at her shrill screech. Back was the diva everyone knows, all the softness of her face and tone gone.

A few moments later, we went live again with the producer's signal.

"I've just been informed that you are trending on Twitter right this second! Let's see some of those Pweets, shall we?" The screen behind us lit up with tweet after tweet of women of all ages tagging my name and The Good Morning Show.

YES! Finally! Poppy and Cole! #GMS

#POLE <3 #GMS

Hurry up commercials -.- #GMS #Pole

The list went on and one, and with each tweet I read I began to get more and more nervous.

"Well?" Jesse said with raised eyebrows. "Are you and Cole Richmond dating?"

I blushed and forced a laugh. "No, of course not."

"Hmm but you two have been spotted getting awfully cozy a couple times in the past few months. A million teenage hearts broke when we saw that picture of you guys kissing in Times Square. And let's not forget that steamy photo at the gala. Are you unofficially official?"

"No, nothing like that. We are definitely not together."

Jesse's comical look of disbelief sent the audience into a fit of giggles. "Well if you say so! Alright, are there any questions in the audience for our lovely guest?"

One girl was handed a microphone and after giggling with her friend asked,  "How do Cole Richmond's lips taste?"

It's safe to say I turned bright pink. Trying hard not to laugh, I looked straight at the camera with a smile just for Cole, "Like vodka shots and gummy bears. "

The studio erupted in pandemonium, and one look at the slack jaw of my publicist was enough to know that I shouldn't have said that. But it was my own little revenge against him for touching my bum in public.

"Whoo!" Jesse said fanning herself with her cue cards, "Alright then, let's move on to the next question. But keep it P-G ok?"

The audience laughed before a voice I could have recognized anywhere was heard. "Would you ever forgive me?"

My head sprang up to eye the man dressed in an old pair of Levi's with his unruly red hair brushed back. He offered me a small smile and watched the blood drain out of my face with hopeful eyes.

Standing there before me holding the microphone was my father.

AS SOON AS JESSE REALIZED I WASN'T COMPOSED ENOUGH TO ANSWER, she cut to commercial break and I sprung up to my feet. Running as fast as my heel-clad feet could carry me, I rushed past the set and out two back doors into the rainy streets.

Hailing a cab, I jumped inside and shivered in my soaked clothes.

"Where to, miss?"

I paused, and after some thought I gave the driver the address of a place I never would have thought I'd return to for refuge.

I KNOCKED TWICE. No answer.  Just as I was about to walk away though, the door swung open to reveal a groggy, shirt-less Cole.

"Poppy?" His eyes took in my appearance and without a word stepped away from the door to let me through.